Easy Equities good or bad?

jman

Expert Member
If I want to transfer from fnb to ee TFSA, do I need to do documentation on with both providers? Anyone know this process? Or do I just fill out that easy equities form

Hamster

Resident Rodent
If I want to transfer from fnb to ee TFSA, do I need to do documentation on with both providers? Anyone know this process? Or do I just fill out that easy equities form
You'd be one of the first. I'd start with the EE document and take it from there. When you are done you can write us a guide :D

jman

Expert Member
You'd be one of the first. I'd start with the EE document and take it from there. When you are done you can write us a guide :D
It'd be easier to draw blood from a stone than getting quick info from fnb on twitter about this

Eti1

Expert Member
I have emailed fnb share investing to enquire how to transfer out. Will post the results.

RVQ

Expert Member
I did this recently, downloaded the EE Form, phoned and asked FNB to mail their's, completed both, scanned into one PDF, emailed to both parties on same email.

EE did screw up their side and was delayed but got it right in the end with not too much hastle

jman

Expert Member
I did this recently, downloaded the EE Form, phoned and asked FNB to mail their's, completed both, scanned into one PDF, emailed to both parties on same email.

EE did screw up their side and was delayed but got it right in the end with not too much hastle
Awesome, thanks. Still waiting on the forms from FNB, they haven't gotten back to me yet

Hamster

Resident Rodent

How long did it take and did the weekend delay it?

RVQ

Expert Member
How long did it take and did the weekend delay it?
Took six weeks from initial request at the fault of EE, FNB kept setting it up an EE ignored or missed the window. Its only when I contacted FNB did I notice it was EE's fault, when escalated at EE then the whole process was completed within 3 business days.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Took six weeks from initial request at the fault of EE, FNB kept setting it up an EE ignored or missed the window. Its only when I contacted FNB did I notice it was EE's fault, when escalated at EE then the whole process was completed within 3 business days.
Are you sure we are talking about the same thing though? TFSA transfer has only been allowed since the 1st of March (6 days).

Are you perhaps referring to transferring your share portfolio to the EE regulare share account (you would've most likely been charged per type of share you hold).

EDIT: on that, another fsck up by EE then? Feels like they are learning as they go along.

RVQ

Expert Member
Are you sure we are talking about the same thing though? TFSA transfer has only been allowed since the 1st of March.

Are you perhaps referring to transferring your share portfolio to the EE regulare share account (you would've most likely been charged per type of share you hold).
Sorry, no we not, I assumed this was a normal shares portfolio move from FNB to EE.