EasyProperties launching 1 July

amabacha

Got an email from EasyEquities to say EasyProperties is launching next week - 1 July I assume.

//

You signed up for early access to the EasyProperties and we have fantastic news for you: we are a week away from launching fractionalised property investing!

That's right, EasyProperties is set to go live by next week!
You will be able to invest in a range of properties as we launch FOUR different property assets on our brand spanking new platform!

You will be able to activate your EasyProperties account directly from your EasyEquities account, as we strive to make it as Easy as possible to get into real-estate.

For now, check out our Help Center on all things EasyProperties so that you can familiarise yourself with what's to come. We've got articles on funding your account, market terminology, and more!

We will be sure to get you up to speed on how to activate your EasyProperties account next week, when we're closer to the official launch date, so keep your eyes pealed

//

amabacha

Sounds enticing. I suppose there will be a minimum investment of sorts

It’s fractional ownership so I think the intention is to keep the barrier to entry very low to be able to invest into properties - similar to what EasyEquities did with fractional shares

surface

Honorary Master
What does this mean? Do you have to direct your current share to other properties by selling at that point of time?
Property investments will run for between 5-7 years

beefymoocow

Expert Member
I’m not too optimistic about this. I personally would buy reits instead of this. Much more diversification and how likely will the purchase price trade below Nav like the reits.

K213N

What does this mean? Do you have to direct your current share to other properties by selling at that point of time?

My guess would be that after 5 years, they will hold votes to determine whether or not the holding gets liquidated and funds credited to each investors account.

amabacha

My guess would be that after 5 years, they will hold votes to determine whether or not the holding gets liquidated and funds credited to each investors account.

What happens at the end of the investment term?
At the end of the investment term investors will vote upon the exit strategy via the online voting platform. Exit options will include:

1. Retaining your shares in the property;
  2. Selling the property to other investors on EasyProperties; or
  3. Listing the property for sale on the open market

All net proceeds from the sale will be distributed to those exiting the investment.

beefymoocow

Expert Member
Looks interesting., probably an easy way for developers to generate capital

It will be a good deal if you also get access to the property. Like the development by black brick will have a nice lounge and rooftop etc.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
Places tend to buy property and rent it out. Your dividends or whatever work on rental income and increase in property over time. It seems like this investment locks you in to a certain term for your investment so they may be pocketing parts of the profits on rental and then you get to choose the exit where you get paid out if property is sold.

If you got to use the property then there would be no money from rental from tenants (business/private) so would defeat the purpose as it would no longer be an investment; you would essentially be a tenant then making it more of a wework.

surface

Honorary Master
Places tend to buy property and rent it out. Your dividends or whatever work on rental income and increase in property over time. It seems like this investment locks you in to a certain term for your investment so they may be pocketing parts of the profits on rental and then you get to choose the exit where you get paid out if property is sold.

If you got to use the property then there would be no money from rental from tenants (business/private) so would defeat the purpose as it would no longer be an investment; you would essentially be a tenant then making it more of a wework.
I agree with most of your points. My thoughts - no one does it for charity so profit is fine. And web site says " Once a quarter, investors will be able to buy more shares or sell shares in existing investments via an auction process on the platform ", so it is locked for 4 months although I can think of scenarios where it is locked for a longer time than that. e.g. what if there are no buyers? Also why auction process? That sounds not lekker to me.

Hopefully, it will be clear soon. I am sure there will be some here who will take it for the team. :p