eHomeAffairs - getting it to work for you

ChuckNorris

Awesome.

How was the wait at Home Affairs?

Our local one's queue goes about 600 metres out of the entrance.

I went to the Randburg one. Queue was not long but as usual the one guy that greet/manage your request in the end did everything except taking the photo's for you. The few other people where having tea parties and only helped 3 people while I was there. The guy that greet you even did the cashier job.

Took around 90min.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
I went to the Randburg one. Queue was not long but as usual the one guy that greet/manage your request in the end did everything except taking the photo's for you. The few other people where having tea parties and only helped 3 people while I was there. The guy that greet you even did the cashier job.

Took around 90min.

Awesome thanks. Maybe with the covid restrictions there are less people now.
I heard they only help people with job offers abroad etc at the moment? But not 100% sure.

Will try my luck again soon as I've rocked up in the past at 7am and then staff told me they already reached their quota.. the few that made the cut have been there since 4am or something ridiculous, hence which is why I'm trying to get the online thing working.

Last edited:

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Hi,

I have my appointment to make my ID at Standard Bank tomorrow morning.

Is there anything I will have to take with me like Proof of Address etc? If so, will just printing out the bank statetement suffice?

Skankhunt

Expert Member
okay, so they finally sorted out my eHomeAffairs account and I could submit the form. :giggle:

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 09.28.16.png

So i entered my banking details, anyone know how long it takes for the payment to go through? (FNB)

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 09.53.33.png

Or is there anything I should be doing my side on the FNB app?

Last edited:

GhostSixFour

!=Ghost64
okay, so they finally sorted out my eHomeAffairs account and I could submit the form. :giggle:

View attachment 1101837

So i entered my banking details, anyone know how long it takes for the payment to go through? (FNB)

View attachment 1101809

Or is there anything I should be doing my side on the FNB app?

Can't do it through the app. You have to login to your online banking somewhere there is a "payments" thing that links to SARS payments as well. In there, you'll see a request to approve payment. Hit that, and wait about 10 minutes then try again.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Can't do it through the app. You have to login to your online banking somewhere there is a "payments" thing that links to SARS payments as well. In there, you'll see a request to approve payment. Hit that, and wait about 10 minutes then try again.
Got it! Thanks!

Ecko_1

Checked on my application. It will be 4 weeks on friday since my branch visit at Fnb Cornubia. The status says document is at Quality Assurance. Hopefully I will get it by friday.

Need my ID soon as I have an appointment to renew my drivers licence on 18 July.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Checked on my application. It will be 4 weeks on friday since my branch visit at Fnb Cornubia. The status says document is at Quality Assurance. Hopefully I will get it by friday.

Need my ID soon as I have an appointment to renew my drivers licence on 18 July.

Nice, I also applied for at FNB Cornubia.

Did everything go smoothly?

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Just had a problem. I uploaded my affidavit online and it shows on my end but didn't take a hard copy to the appointment (I was an idiot in hindsight).

The email I received says I can re-upload online and I also found that my affidavit reflects as submitted on my side.

The lady at the bank told me I don't have to make an appointment and can just come and drop of the affidavit.

I just hope that if I go, I don't get told that I need to make an appointment again.

The worst thing is that they don't have a working phone number so it does not look like I will receive assistance with the online re-submission.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member

I think I used my Passport to renew my Licence before.

My ID and drivers were both stolen in a robbery two years ago.

Ecko_1

I think I used my Passport to renew my Licence before.

My ID and drivers were both stolen in a robbery two years ago.
My passport expired in April. I haven't had an ID for about 5 years. My driver's is expired but subject to the grace period till August. As you can tell I don't like queues

Ecko_1

Just checked status now and it reflects that my document has been dispatched to the branch office. Assuming it is coming from Pretoria, I should hopefully be able to collect at the branch on Friday, making it exactly 4 weeks from biometric capture.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Managed to resolve everything today. Fortunately they let me go to the front of the que after I explained to them that I had an issue yesterday. It took like 10 minutes to resolve.

ChuckNorris

I applied for my passport on Monday. Got the SMS today that I can go and pick it up.
3days. That is quicker than what people take to reply on emails.

Radioboy

Does anyone know if eHomeAffairs is still functioning?

This is all I see:

504 Gateway Time-out​

The server didn't respond in time.

Last edited:

Corelli

Expert Member
Manually type in the date. Dont use the calendar. It doesnt always work. The calendar only sees 2 weeks but not past. Manually typing it in, can show you the slots

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Anyone know if banks still do passports under Level 4 lockdown? I've got an appointment for 4 August.

I know Home Affairs only process passports under certain circumstances now, eg if you have work permit, etc.

Skankhunt

Expert Member
Edit: FNB Cornubia still closed after the riot stuff last week... hope they open by the 4th.

ChuckNorris

Anyone know if banks still do passports under Level 4 lockdown? I've got an appointment for 4 August.

I know Home Affairs only process passports under certain circumstances now, eg if you have work permit, etc.

Nedbank said they will only do it on level 2 again. Even though you can make an appointment they will just show you away.