Ellies Amplified Set Antenna Really Work?

Count_Olaf

So,I purchased a Sinotec 32 inch TV. I connected a regular Top set Antenna and didn't get signal but that works very well with a box TV. I went online to search for antennas (in my area, Lakefield Benoni I see a lot of antennas mounted outside). I really don't want an outdoor antenna,I just want one for the World Cup. I found this antenna at game "ELLIES AMPLIFIED SET TOP ANTENNA" which I want to buy priced at R300.

However I'm afraid of buying it thinking it may fail to work.
Has anyone used an antenna like this on a TV like mine and it worked?
Or any suggestions on what cheap antenna I can get for my TV.

Magandroid

Expert Member
Depends on your environment. I bought one a few years back for my mom and it worked much better than the normal indoor antenna. Best would be to purchase one from Game, Makro or PnP and test if it works for u. If not take it back for a refund.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Ellies is generally s$^t. Some other may work, but will increase signal with environmental noise, adding their own noise. Sinotec is a dumping marketplace for poor sensitivity tuners, your description confirm this.

You get both, it doesn't promise well. I suggest return this TV set for the reason that tuner sensitivity is bad, get a better make.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
You were supposed to get a signal, even if it's poor, are you sure your problem is the antenna?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Ellies is generally s$^t. Some other may work, but will increase signal with environmental noise, adding their own noise. Sinotec is a dumping marketplace for poor sensitivity tuners, your description confirm this.

You get both, it doesn't promise well. I suggest return this TV set for the reason that tuner sensitivity is bad, get a better make.

I have a Sinotec, I get a reception with only a 5cm piece of wire inserted in the RF port. It must that receptionnis just that good in my area, I doubt even the most expensive TV will help you if receptionnis bad.

sajunky

Honorary Master
I have a Sinotec, I get a reception with only a 5cm piece of wire inserted in the RF port. It must that receptionnis just that good in my area, I doubt even the most expensive TV will help you if receptionnis bad.
There are Sinotecs with a good tuner sensitivity, but most of them are substandard.

Last edited:

rodga

Honorary Master
Do u have a dstv dish installed by any chance? You can always get an ovhd decoder