Eskom CEO Announcement

lkswan747

Expert Member
These politicians have no concept of time! It will probably be like the etollie announcement. Eh, an announcement will be made within two weeks, fu*k, I am already sixty and we are still waiting for the etollie announcement. How many transport ministers does ot take to change an etollie? :D

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
They need someone with a brain to run Eskom. No one with a brain would run an organisation where they can't fire anyone and are crippled by BEE and corruption. Catch 22.
In General strokes I would agree with you, but Andy (if he is the candidate they are pushing for) has already shown skill in managing almost impossible situations with LNG Canada.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
I did some research on Andy and it looks like he is going back to Shell. Nothing mentioned about another opportunity in SA.

BTW, the CEO and CFO of Shell earn 3 and 1 million Euro packages each. So Andy is likely in that range (16 to 50 Million Rand). I wonder if Eskom can afford to pay him that sort of package.

Inertia

Expert Member
In General strokes I would agree with you, but Andy (if he is the candidate they are pushing for) has already shown skill in managing almost impossible situations with LNG Canada.
Look at what happened with Graeme Smith and apply that to any potential CEO worth their salt. That is what is happening right now and why they can't appoint anyone.

BBSA

Honorary Master
I did some research on Andy and it looks like he is going back to Shell. Nothing mentioned about another opportunity in SA.

BTW, the CEO and CFO of Shell earn 3 and 1 million Euro packages each. So Andy is likely in that range (16 to 50 Million Rand). I wonder if Eskom can afford to pay him that sort of package.
I doubt they can afford to pay anyone a streetwise 2 meal.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Bwahahahahaha, clearly the SA Energy Forum are ever so slightly retarded.

Must be a hastily put together entity though, there seems to be zero footprint on the interwebs.

But we do now know who the 3rd candidate is....

Inertia

Expert Member
Bwahahahahaha, clearly the SA Energy Forum are ever so slightly retarded.

Must be a hastily put together entity though, there seems to be zero footprint on the interwebs.

But we do now know who the 3rd candidate is....
If those gents are against it then it MUST be a fantastic choice.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
anyone with many years of Eskom experience or relationships with unions is PART OF THE FAHKING PROBLEM

how the fahk do they think Eskom got to where it is?!? with the help of exactly those people, that's how

Bad1

many upon many was appointed to run eskom, it always ended up like a spaza shop, let's hope new man kicks and fires, he has to start by getting rid of the people who can't talk English properly