MagicDude4Eva

Banned
NSFW - I was curious if his email domain was still available (yep, a naive thought) and looked up www.s***.com - uh well it is not.... Even our HR manager gave me a nodding look when the page loaded....

XennoX

Expert Member
My reaction when I realised my company's website was made with a bootstrap template.

katt-williams-what-the-****.jpg

Thor

Honorary Master
Nope nope nope, I don't use bootstrap a lot, but when I do I use my own UI/UX layer, the only way you can tell it's bootstrap is if you press F12 and look for class="col-lg-16 col-md-6 col-xs-12"

garp

Executive Member
It's so popular because it's elegant, obvious and works very well. Kind of like the format of a book - it's become a default "brochure site" format because it looks professional, it's an obvious layout, responsive and quick and cheap to whack your own graphics in to make it fall in line with a client's CI. And it scales down well for mobile.

I'm not excusing template laziness, but as the web matures it makes sense that layouts will inevitably start becoming more standardized.

And there's nothing wrong with that, per se, provided the designer isn't making out that it's their original creativity at play and trying to charge a fortune for it. For a quick and dirty brochure site that you need to be able to knock out in a couple of hours (that doesn't look like it was designed in MS Word) for not much time and capital outlay, it serves a purpose. For anything more, it should at best be a starting point.

Pixelbender

That's not a theme or template, built it myself.

Funny thing is, it was built in plain php and css originally, then I converted to foundation and then I converted to wp using bootstrap, because I was working with bootstrap so much at work... It was just easier to remember things.

Pixelbender

You mean you built a WP theme called "guesthouse"? Okay, cool.

Theme for myself yes, not trying to sell it and didnt know what else to call it and was hoping i'd get some seo benefit from it (at the time) - few years ago though, like two or three.

Since I had to call my theme something, I thought guesthouse would be the best, better thank antonstheme or apollo or wendyhouse

Last edited: