'Everything's Now Fixed'

slimothy

Banned
Ok So you made changes with regard to consumer awareness, which I agree is important. However did the company change its practises? Would you today go to sentech and pay money for thier service today? Thats what I am asking.

LoneGunman

Expert Member
Dear Pot,
I'm grateful that not everyone is as selfish as you, you seem to suggest that the only way to fix things is to
a) remove your money from the Company committing fraud, and

b) being quiet about ANY OTHER method of consumer action.

So you are in fact silly, and selfish, and calling people 'sheep' who tried to do more than just 'leave' Sentech, shows us all that you are a really silly and selfish person.

You do have a point about depriving Company's of your money - but as regards trying to stop anyone else from trying other approaches of changing the Company, you need to go back to school and learn some Consumer Activism Methods, as well as a little bit of Logic.

Thanks for showing us your true nature :)

yours sincerely
Comrade 'Kettle'

:p

EDIT: saw noones post after I'd written n posted, nicely put noone..

Last edited:

slimothy

Banned
I did not say be quiet, please scroll up 4 posts and read that before making assumptions. I think healthy debate is good but your comments are bordering on insults. Please just make your points and we can end up sharing ideas because we are int he same boat, just with different viewpoints about how to handle the problem.

And the sheep thing??? didn't you call people like me sheep??

LandyMan

Honorary Master
Message to mods

Any chance of getting a new forum for LG and slim: :confused:

Pot vs. Kettle - Battle of the ironclads
:D

guest2013-1

slimothy said:
Ok So you made changes with regard to consumer awareness, which I agree is important. However did the company change its practises? Would you today go to sentech and pay money for thier service today? Thats what I am asking.

Yes and no.

Yes they've changed, and no I won't go back to them. The latter is because of personal preferences and the money wasted. The way they treated me as a customer was appauling enough for me to stay away forever. I will also not recommend Sentech to anyone EVER. Again, due to their inability to service my needs (both internet and client relations wise)

Does anyone know if they still have that 19meg pipe for international bandwidth they send everyone through?

guest2013-1

slimothy said:
I did not say be quiet, please scroll up 4 posts and read that before making assumptions. I think healthy debate is good but your comments are bordering on insults. Please just make your points and we can end up sharing ideas because we are int he same boat, just with different viewpoints about how to handle the problem.

And the sheep thing??? didn't you call people like me sheep??

You always tell people to shut up, are you suprised at their reactions? Why be so defensive?

slimothy

Banned
noone said:
Yes and no.

Yes they've changed, and no I won't go back to them. The latter is because of personal preferences and the money wasted. The way they treated me as a customer was appauling enough for me to stay away forever. I will also not recommend Sentech to anyone EVER. Again, due to their inability to service my needs (both internet and client relations wise)
OK i get your fingers were burnt and you wont be going back, but would you say that they changed thier practises to be where you would have wanted them to be when you first joined or do you consider it 'crap'

and to LG:

What is consumer activism?

Consumer activism is citizen action aimed at influencing corporate decisions, corporate power, or the allocation of societal goods and values. Examples of this “new” and increasingly popular form of political participation include boycotts, buycotts (purchasing products for political reasons), socially conscious investing, a variety of politically-oriented shareholder tactics (e.g., proposing a resolution, testifying at a shareholder meeting, disrupting a shareholder meeting), protests directed at corporate or quasi-governmental organizations (e.g., chambers of commerce, the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary Fund), and protests targeting businesses directly (e.g., protests in front of stores selling animal fur, union picket lines).
thats a little something I found, so I guess both our methods are part of consumer activism

slimothy

Banned
noone said:
You always tell people to shut up, are you suprised at their reactions? Why be so defensive?
always isn't a relative term so I expect to see at least 50 examples in the next 5 minutes :p

nocilah

Banned
i am just happy I was wise enough to get a month by month...

I sincercly hope that iBurst come right... I really do... they a funky company when it works...

It just upsets me cuz it's almost a carbon print of what happened at Sentech... and this forum burnt Sentech badly... And if I am not mistaken that article None is talking of talks about myadsl. So imagine all the people coming now to the forum... going: Oh looks like a ****ty ISP... bahh I will stick with the ONLY provider that seems to work. Telkom.

Thats what iBurst have to worry about. If this is what their network is like today, what will it be like at the end of the month?

If this is how they deal with a Network Degradation Issue (no communication) with +/- 4000 users how do they expect to deal with their target of 100 000.

As Slimothy said it's about business... Yes look at Sentech today? They are removing towers apparently... Yes that bad.

WBS... you only have one chance. tata ma chance tata ma millions?

P0tenc

I realy realy hope they get it right. Otherwise I got a R2800 door stop! :mad:

gigtech

within the last half hour, the speeds have started to improve, dramastically.

guest2013-1

P0tenc said:
I realy realy hope they get it right. Otherwise I got a R2800 door stop! :mad:

another idiot who bought a modem that only works for a specific service. I hope they fail because it looks like you have money to burn.

I'd buy an ADSL modem because I have more than 1 option with ADSL (speaking purely about service providers) with iburst and sentech you don't have a choice, so i seriously don't see paying an extra 150 per month for something that can turn into a piece of crap soon can justify an expense of 2800.

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I have only just found a mo' to read through this thread, and quite frankly good points on both sides of the apparent divide here, as to why there is a division probably comes down to those that are getting what they are paying for, not giving those that are not receiving the same, the time of day.

IMO, we need to be more tollerant of one another, the 'silly' and 'stupid' comments are counter-productive, we don't need to bash each other, just keep calm & collected whilst making your points.

As to all the Sentech MyWireless stuff, I tend to agree that Sentech actually have improved MyWireless slightly, either that or all the customers leaving allowed those remaining better throughput [personally I doubt that, IMO Sentech eased up a bit recently, but still not enough].

The only reason I have stuck with iBurst until now is that I don't [as yet] have another alternative - still waiting for useless Telkomonopoly to tell me if they feel like allowing me to have ADSL. I am also fully aware of how good iBurst can be when WBS have their act together, and I know that the verrry public pressure that we can exert here on MyBroadband has the power to force WBS to wake up & smell the roses, which is why I agree that LG has the right to complain, and if all else fails I'm sure cancellation would follow.

Also, consumerism is a personal thing, how each of us decides to use their consumer rights is up to us as individuals, so it's pointless trying to mould one another into our own view of what will be the most effective course of action ;).

Conclusion: be tollerant of one another :).

PS: Call me the frying pan if you want, but I agree that we are all selfish when it comes to our money :D.

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Noone, as you very well know, I also decided to take the 24 month contract, however if I'd had the R2800 lying around at the time, I could just as easily have bought the modem. I know that's a bit simplistic bcos I did factor into my decision the proprietary nature of the hardware, but that was outweighed by the weak nature of the contract I signed.

Since November 2004 WBS have changed their contracts to be more binding, so in P0tenc's case buying the modem might well have been a better thing to do [assuming P0tenc signed up after the contract was changed].

My point: We don't need to call each other idiots ;).

wushutiger

I dunno about you but my speeds are still not normal again...................

LoneGunman

Expert Member
Getting away from all the other stuff, now's the time this forum begins to show its serious usefulness - namely at 'crisis points' like this one seems to be..

If anyone else makes contact with the Helpdesk or individuals in IBurst - and they say anything of interest, or which contradicts what others in Iburst are saying, post it on forum so that we can cross-check the stories being handed out - and perhaps get a better overall picture of what's occurring..

Last edited:

Molotov

noone said:
another idiot who bought a modem that only works for a specific service. I hope they fail because it looks like you have money to burn.

I'd buy an ADSL modem because I have more than 1 option with ADSL (speaking purely about service providers) with iburst and sentech you don't have a choice, so i seriously don't see paying an extra 150 per month for something that can turn into a piece of crap soon can justify an expense of 2800.

Since i was one of those "idiots" you refer to,the CONTRACT i would have signed would have been more binding.In my case it worked out cheaper,much cheaper.

Before you stand on your soapbox and call me an idiot (again, like in a previous thread i mentioned this same subject) just get the facts right.

Really noone it's not exactly productive to go around calling people idiots without realising that the contract we would have signed was not the same as what you signed back in November.Now at least try not acting like one (idiot) before getting the whole story.

ic - thank you for being the only one with some kind of common sense here at least some of us don't turn on each other.

Last edited:

Harley79

thanks goodness I ditched the WBS thing in January. Felt a little jealous when I saw the new packages they have realised, and that new base stations have been erected around my area to increase coverage. But after reading this forum am glad I ditched it when I did and glad that I am with 3G and have been since then and have been able to try and reach my cap every month.