'Everything's Now Fixed'

slimothy

Banned
even with the bad speeds due to network problems for this week i could reach my cap, i find if i multithread i'm faster than adsl 512... each to thier own

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Yes, each to their own, so leave the handguns, shotguns, knives, broken off glass bottle necks, nukes and other weapons of mass distraction outside the door to the forum :D.

My speed is still "choppy" (credit to the forumite who used that description), but luckily still usable when the big swells come in, same as Bryanston-BS when there are no waves at all...

bb_matt

Executive Member
ic said:
Yes, each to their own, so leave the handguns, shotguns, knives, broken off glass bottle necks, nukes and other weapons of mass distraction outside the door to the forum :D.

That's what pisses me off about not being an iBurst user, even though I know people who are - the whole "These ADSL users" cr@p - lets leave that behind, right ?

I remember when the whole MyWireLess debacle was going on, plenty of people were airing their views who didn't have the service, but knew people who did and nobody got all "shirty" about it.

ic talks sense - we're all in this together and while I may sometimes personally post a big pile of steaming dingos kidneys, I occassionaly post something that smells a bit less - I feel it's a community effort regardless of what service you are using.

Yeah, so I'm an ADSL user with a service currently rated as the best in the country - does that make me happy ? - no frikkin' way.
I just spoke to my good buddy in Australia whose paying R600 a month for DSL 1500 and a 36gig CAP - and Australia doesn't even rate that highly in terms of worldwide broadband !

(BTW, he reckons Bigpond is as bad as Hellkom - hmm, I dunno about that, I think his memory serves him badly !)

I want iBurst to succeed - we need competition - if I see people posting their problems, I'm inclined to believe them as much as people posting how good it is.

That's the wonderful thing about this forum - you can make informed decisions based on what people say.

I was a "pioneer" once with MyWireLess - never again !

slimothy

Banned
bb_matt said:
That's what pisses me off about not being an iBurst user, even though I know people who are - the whole "These ADSL users" cr@p - lets leave that behind, right ?
as long as you dont mention ping times, then sure why not

bb_matt

Executive Member
slimothy said:
as long as you dont mention ping times, then sure why not

heheh :D

Heck, ADSL - and you know it - aint no bed of roses.

I just forked out R1400 rand - R600 for last month (cos I could only pay R200 at the time) and R800 for this one.

The only thing it is, is reliable (until your lines go down) - we all hope to see iBurst become reliable.

slimothy

Banned
wireless will never be reliable, that what i hate the most I think, I get to downloading at crazy speeds, start thinking I'm in internet heaven start,looking at all the people with connections below me and start laughing my ass off at them, then a week later i'm scraping on the flipping floor for a day and a half... its not good for my ego

bb_matt

Executive Member
That's why a lot of the old MyWireLess users were fairly vocal about iBurst and suspicions that it would end up the same - very premature at the time when iBurst first launched, that much is true.

I don't ever want to say "I told you so" because the fact is, without competition, we're not going to get anywhere with broadband in this country.

Your right - wireless is never going to be as reliable as a landline solution, but there has to be a "meeting place" regarding what's acceptable and what's not.

If your connection is rated to burst up to 1mb/s, getting 5kb/s is just not on.
Sure, getting 384 DSL speeds is workable - I don't think any iBurst user will complain about that, so long as fairly often, they burst above that speed.