Exporting goods to Namibia

Morning,

I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge on exporting a good to Namibia. I am a small business and have not done any exports. I've got an order worth R30k that would need to go via road freight.

Would anyone know of the documents required at the border etc. Can this be done?

lived666

Executive Member
Morning,

I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge on exporting a good to Namibia. I am a small business and have not done any exports. I've got an order worth R30k that would need to go via road freight.

Would anyone know of the documents required at the border etc. Can this be done?
I ship with internet express to Namibia, their rates are usually ok compared to other couriers, they actually use DHL but they usually quote less than DHL. You basically just need a copy of the invoice, they do the rest.

Arex

What is the size of the cargo? what size truck would you need? judging that you are a registered business and have registered as an exporter.

Find a trucking company, Pm me and i can give you a few reliable transport companies I've used for Namibia.
The main documents you need are Commercial invoice, packing list/Delivery note, clearing instruction(which you can get from the transport company). Fumigation certificate if needed, most other documents the transport company will assist. You will also need to choose the incoterms (payment terms), who will pay for freight and to where, who will pay for clearing etc.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
We use a clearing agent to export from Cape Town.

I get frustrated when South African company's do not zero rate the VAT , and then I am charged twice and it takes forever getting SARS to pay my VAT back.....