Farm Attacks

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Muchanga: Mozambique?
Chilamba: Malawi? Or Zambia Or Moz
Nkomo: Zimbabwe?
Fochero: .... (popular in the Cameroon as a first name?) Moz or Angola?
Zungisa: Congo? Possibly Moz

What a motley gang of murderous cowards.
The Portuguese first names...

schumi

Honorary Master
Farmhouse set on fire and a number of weapons stolen in Fort Beaufort

Fort Beaufort police responded to a call reporting an incident of housebreaking at 02:30 on Sunday and found the house engulfed in flames.

Cases of arson and housebreaking were opened after an unknown number of suspects broke into a farmhouse in Fort Beaufort in the Eastern Cape, stole firearms from the safe and set the house alight.

More at: https://www.news24.com/news24/south...r-of-weapons-stolen-in-fort-beaufort-20210125

schumi

Honorary Master
South Coast farmer dragged by throat, wife flung during brutal home invasion

Durban - A South Coast farmer was dragged by his throat and his wife flung on to their coffee table during a home invasion on Friday afternoon.

Eric Nunkoo, 80, sustained injuries to his neck and body. His wife, Sona Nunkoo, 73, sustained injuries to her hip. She was admitted to a hospital in Durban where she underwent surgery on Monday.

The couple, who planted and sold fresh produce, have lived on the farm in Crowder near Umkomaas for 40 years. They shared the home with their son, who was at work at the time of the incident.

Vis Moodley, their son-in-law, said moments before the attack, Nunkoo had said goodbye to his workers and sat down to have his supper.

"My mother-in-law was in their bedroom. She’d just had a bath. While eating, he heard their dogs bark and when he opened the front door, three men were there. They wanted to buy mealies and when he said he did not have any, they asked for cabbage."

Moodley said before Nunkoo could respond, they attacked him.

"One suspect jumped him and as he fell, he shouted for help. The suspect grabbed him by the throat and dragged him across the lounge. My mother-in-law heard his screams and rushed into the lounge. Another suspect grabbed her and flung her across the lounge. She landed on the coffee table and fractured her hip."

More at: https://www.iol.co.za/thepost/commu...nvasion--aebee647-b145-4d42-8b71-3149b1377ce5

etienne_marais

Executive Member
A SOCIETY IS JUDGED BY HOW IT TREATS IT’S OLD PEOPLE. SOUTH AFRICA HAS FAILED HORRIBLY! An old, frail, harmless couple, Tannie Duifie Oosthuizen (84) and her life partner Oom Tas (86), were ambushed outside their home on their smallholding, beaten, tortured, forced into the house and burned alive! What sort of demon would do this, and why is this not reported on any mainstream news channel? Why are the Police ignoring rural safety or is it simply the case that if it cannot be seen (in mainstream media), it does not exist?

NO EXCUSES! Old Couple Tortured & Burnt Alive in Bapsfontein! DA Blames Police for Ignoring Rural Safety

rietrot

Honorary Master
Looks like fake news to me
I don't like the writing style, but to suggest a local newspaper would make up stories about people being murdered is ridiculous.

Maybe you can expect that from a larger copy and paste newspaper, but not a local one.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I don't like the writing style, but to suggest a local newspaper would make up stories about people being murdered is ridiculous.

Maybe you can expect that from a larger copy and paste newspaper, but not a local one.
I always like how the stories are always written from an eyewitness perspective.