Farm Attacks

wingnut771

Honorary Master
The cop who was the family friend told my mom to buy a gun, and if anything like that happens again, to point the gun at the door, keep pulling the trigger until the gun is empty, and if the body is outside the door, pull it into the house and THEN phone the police. Apparently even back then it was the only way to claim it was self defence: the guy had to have been INSIDE your house.
How would you explain the bullet holes in the door or the trail of blood from outside to inside?

Last edited:

Düber

Just leave it open
emoji14.png
Like a scene out of Wanted , the bullets curved. :cool:

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
My dad went to work one morning, my mom was alone with me - I was about a year old. Back door was locked, and my mom suddenly heard this noise like someone was trying to open it from the outside. Looked through the kitchen window and saw a black guy in overalls trying to break into the house. My parents had a friend who was a cop, so she phoned him, terrified. He came over in a couple of minutes, the flying squad a bit later, but the suspect had already legged it after my mom shouted that she'd phoned the cops.

After the cops had inspected everything around the house they found that this guy had probably been waiting in the garden shed for my dad to leave for work. The cop who was the family friend told my mom to buy a gun, and if anything like that happens again, to point the gun at the door, keep pulling the trigger until the gun is empty, and if the body is outside the door, pull it into the house and THEN phone the police. Apparently even back then it was the only way to claim it was self defence: the guy had to have been INSIDE your house.
Either:
a. Your recollection at 1 years old of what was said, was misheard.
b. Your family cop friend was an idiot.

Worst advice ever. Even todays cops could figure out this level of scene manipulation.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Either:
a. Your recollection at 1 years old of what was said, was misheard.
b. Your family cop friend was an idiot.

Worst advice ever. Even todays cops could figure out this level of scene manipulation.
well:
- he's been identified as a stranger
- he's already trespassing on your private property
- he's actively trying to break in

it's not that unreasonable to believe your life is in imminent danger, which is what is required to claim self defense, you may well get away with it in court

but yeah to be 100% sure at least check if he has a weapon, or wait until he opens the door and send him to his maker, telling the cops he was rushing toward you and going to kill you

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
well:
- he's been identified as a stranger
- he's already trespassing on your private property
- he's actively trying to break in

it's not that unreasonable to believe your life is in imminent danger, which is what is required to claim self defense, you may well get away with it in court

but yeah to be 100% sure at least check if he has a weapon, or wait until he opens the door and send him to his maker, telling the cops he was rushing toward you and going to kill you
Sure you might have gotten away with this logic in 1985. 2020? Not a chance. And yeah sure - shoot through a closed door and try your luck in court. But moving the body or tampering with the scene?? That's a sure fire recipe for long jail time.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Sure you might have gotten away with this logic in 1985. 2020? Not a chance. And yeah sure - shoot through a closed door and try your luck in court. But moving the body or tampering with the scene?? That's a sure fire recipe for long jail time.

You have any personal experience with a self defense case going wrong that you can claim this?

I agree with the last part do not tamper with the crime scene or move the body.

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
You have any personal experience with a self defense case going wrong that you can claim this?

I agree with the last part do not tamper with the crime scene or move the body.
No. An observation based on discussions with some acquaintances who were in the SAP pre 1990.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

AFRIFORUM DELIVERS SPEECH AT SANCO’S PROTEST AGAINST FARM MURDERS​

After being invited, representatives of AfriForum today attended the South African National Civic Organisation’s (SANCO) protest against various issues, including farm murders. Kallie Kriel, CEO of AfriForum, was present and delivered a speech at the Union Buildings about AfriForum’s support for SANCO’s contribution to the fight against farm murders. Kriel told the crowd: “We want everybody to be safe, and the way to fight for it is to take hands and say: no more farm killings!” His statements against farm murders were met with applause by the crowd.

“AfriForum has decided to accept SANCO’s invitation. AfriForum feels it is important that farm murders be condemned by different groups in the country. SANCO’s condemnation of farm murders is definitely something we can support.
“Millions of citizens grew up in the countryside or know somebody who lives on a farm. One can therefore expect that AfriForum doesn’t stand alone in our fight against farm murders,” concludes Kriel.

SANCO-optog-teen-plaasmoorde2-scaled.jpg

SANCO-optog-teen-plaasmoorde-scaled.jpg

Kallie-Kriel2-scaled.jpg

EnryCTSW8AAWIuj

:thumbsup: