Farm Attacks

rietrot

Honorary Master
Lion farming works well for that. Very well in fact - I have a friend who can vouch for it (actually, yes, really ) Zero incidents

Unfortunately there's a tad of a stigma to it, no matter how ethical the operation ...
I spoke to a crocodile farmer the other day and surprising they also have problems with stock theft.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Handbags, shoes, belts and crocodile teeth necklaces are a thing...
Some crazy folk chow them too.
I've never ate anything like a croc, giraffe or other exotic meat.
I'll eat Kudu and warthog etc.

I remember a restaurant close to Kruger gate offered chow like this.
Not my scene though. Don't know if the place still exists.

skimread

Honorary Master
This female farmer has to wait 5 years before her rapist was sentenced to life in court.
She is a DA councillor and was only able to get it done with the help of the DA and intervention of the Deputy National Director of Public Prosecutions. All the time having to wait for the court case living in fear while her rapist lived nearby. That makes no sense.

Alison Oates had to wait 5 long years to see justice served, and we are grateful for the intervention of the Deputy National Director of Public Prosecutions, Adv Rodney de Kock and his staff, as well as the prosecutor, Adv Campher, for their efforts in finalizing the matter with a sentence that will certainly send out a strong message.

In the years since her attack Oates had to live in close proximity to her rapist and endure multiple setbacks in bringing it to court – from constant delays and lack of progress and information regarding the investigation to regular postponements and delays in court proceedings.

It is for this very reason that the DA established our Court Watching Briefs Units to ensure that regular feedback regarding investigations of farm attacks and farm murders, as well as the court proceedings are given. It also serves the purpose of ensuring that investigations are done thoroughly and that cases get prosecuted.

Oates also had the extra stress yesterday when Makhubo went missing during one of the breaks. As if the years of living close to her attacker, a man who has a history of criminality, was not enough, there was the extra worry that he would not face justice at all.

It is worrying that an alarming amount of accused with histories of violent crime are granted bail and often reoffend while awaiting trial. Judges, Magistrates and prosecutors must take an accused’s criminal history into serious account during applications for bail, so that Oates’ violent and tragic history does not repeat itself with other victims.

Last edited:

skimread

Honorary Master

... interesting coming from a fellow BRICS member nation
Putin does not want Russians to copy the West.. That is why they show Russian what happens if they embrace the West's multiculturism ideals. it's got nothing with being pro SA farmer.
They are friendly with the ANC and have a rich history of supporting the ANC.

schumi

Honorary Master

Gauteng farmer kills alleged robber after first firing warning shots​

A 62-year-old Gauteng farmer shot and killed one of three robbers who allegedly broke into his Boschkop home east of Pretoria on Saturday night.

According to police spokesperson Captain Kay Makhubele, the man woke up when the security alarm went off.

"It is alleged that he woke up and saw three men breaking into his house," Makhubele said.

It is understood that the farmer shouted at the suspects and fired some warning shots, but they were not deterred.

More at: https://www.news24.com/news24/south...ber-after-first-firing-warning-shots-20201123

wingnut771

Executive Member
I predict the prosecutor will pull an Oscar and charge him with murder because he fired through a door as his life was not in immediate danger according to our dumb laws. Our laws really need to change when it comes to trespassers to accommodate the "trespassers will be shot" sign.

rambo919

Honorary Master
I predict the prosecutor will pull an Oscar and charge him with murder because he fired through a door as his life was not in immediate danger according to our dumb laws. Our laws really need to change when it comes to trespassers to accommodate the "trespassers will be shot" sign.
Trespassers will be abused with foul language, survivors will be shot.

The Voice

Honorary Master
My dad went to work one morning, my mom was alone with me - I was about a year old. Back door was locked, and my mom suddenly heard this noise like someone was trying to open it from the outside. Looked through the kitchen window and saw a black guy in overalls trying to break into the house. My parents had a friend who was a cop, so she phoned him, terrified. He came over in a couple of minutes, the flying squad a bit later, but the suspect had already legged it after my mom shouted that she'd phoned the cops.

After the cops had inspected everything around the house they found that this guy had probably been waiting in the garden shed for my dad to leave for work. The cop who was the family friend told my mom to buy a gun, and if anything like that happens again, to point the gun at the door, keep pulling the trigger until the gun is empty, and if the body is outside the door, pull it into the house and THEN phone the police. Apparently even back then it was the only way to claim it was self defence: the guy had to have been INSIDE your house.

Kola_CT

My dad went to work one morning, my mom was alone with me - I was about a year old. Back door was locked, and my mom suddenly heard this noise like someone was trying to open it from the outside. Looked through the kitchen window and saw a black guy in overalls trying to break into the house. My parents had a friend who was a cop, so she phoned him, terrified. He came over in a couple of minutes, the flying squad a bit later, but the suspect had already legged it after my mom shouted that she'd phoned the cops.

After the cops had inspected everything around the house they found that this guy had probably been waiting in the garden shed for my dad to leave for work. The cop who was the family friend told my mom to buy a gun, and if anything like that happens again, to point the gun at the door, keep pulling the trigger until the gun is empty, and if the body is outside the door, pull it into the house and THEN phone the police. Apparently even back then it was the only way to claim it was self defence: the guy had to have been INSIDE your house.
:rolleyes:

thechamp

Honorary Master
How do they know that they were "robbers"? How can they tell that they were not torturers or rapists? Or merely making inquiries for work? Or starving people with the munchies?
"Alleged" covered everything they can ever desire to be.