Farm Attacks

Hellhound105

Executive Member
ATM the only viable options are organizations like the VVS and BL that try their darndest to work with rather than against the police as far as I can see. Once things get more dire things will change I suspect.

Do they have a fund where one can contribute to?

I'll sommer search for it thanks.

Hoping we can start getting to a point where we all are getting safer in our day to day lives.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Do they have a fund where one can contribute to?

I'll sommer search for it thanks.

Hoping we can start getting to a point where we all are getting safer in our day to day lives.
Can only find a facebook group for VVS, no clue if it's the official one

Boerelegion has a website

These are the only one's I know about.

OCP

Expert Member
Just keep your firearm on you. If you get to a metal detector you can either;

Go somewhere else
Have a plan B as to why the detector went off...
I carry appendix - have been frisked a few times with them not detecting anything.
Even had one of those wands check me without going off (i suspect the thing was out of batteries or it wasn't switched on)
Most of the time these checks are nothing but a security theatre...

OCP

Expert Member
Didnt their metal detectors go off?
None of the banks in CPT have metal detectors that I have been to.

SARS / masters office / home despairs are the only ones in have had to either book FA into safe or lock it in car safe before going in.

Grand West has lock up safes also (take my girls iceskating there regularly)

Century City had a few months of "no firearms / caps / backpacks allowed".
No metal detectors so the whole thing was a media stunt... nothing more.

OCP

Expert Member
People need to way up their own risk.

What are the chances of the car being stolen broken into if you are not to obvious about it and parked in a safe parking spot vs taking it into a bank vs leaving it at home.
A little SABC gun safe is a few R100.
Getting it welded to your car boot a few R100 more

Really not worth the risk vs the cost

Kola_CT

Expert Member
A little SABC gun safe is a few R100.
Getting it welded to your car boot a few R100 more

Really not worth the risk vs the cost

You should read the FCA regulations around car safes before giving advice like this.

Car safes can be used to store a firearm and ammunition legally but there are requirements around it to make it so, and buying a 'few R100' safe and 'welding it to your boot' is not listed as complying to the regulations.

OCP

Expert Member
You should read the FCA regulations around car safes before giving advice like this.

Car safes can be used to store a firearm and ammunition legally but there are requirements around it to make it so, and buying a 'few R100' safe and 'welding it to your boot' is not listed as complying to the regulations.
SAPS signed off on mine no probs.

Cr4ig

Honorary Master
Not in the news (yet)

Friend at work told me this morning. His wife's sister lives on a small holding near Meyerton. They went to town for something and on arival at their plot found their 11 year old son on his knees supported by a rope around his neck. His head was hit open with an iron. She went to identify the boy yesterday as her sister is pregnant and can't deal with seeing her son like that. Face swollen with a huge cut in the forehead.

Fck me, a child. What kind of a monster would do something like that. I'd have no issue with the perpetrator in this case being tortured to death. Slowly.

Sollie

Executive Member
Agreed, the problem I have is the gun free zones. Maybe this needs to change.

If a farmer can carry 24/7 but when he goes to PnP he needs to leave the weapon at home as the building has a no gun sign on it.

This is 1 thing I can think of that needs to change
Thursday/Friday, you go to draw salaries. Bank: no guns. Yet can't keep cash on the farm which would itself be a problem. Meanwhile 'n guy sits in the bushes with his cell phone near the farm, see you leaving for town. "He's on his way ...". Many examples like that.

Even if you carry 24 x 7. You have to sleep.

While you are concentrating on a problem on the farm, you can impossibly be scanning around you the whole time.

Think how much security costs for a normal home. Scale that up to a farm. Dogs? Temik.

Essentailly a situation impossible. Long term the only solution I can see is 'n kibbutz type system, people in little villages. It's a difficult one.

access

Honorary Master
Am I reading this correctly, this MF'er is saying that farm murders is part of a war? How is this kind of thing acceptable, and why is this POS not locked up? Apologies if I'm reading this the wrong way.

dont worry man, nobody in south africa is dumb enough to believe something like that and take action on it

this place is teeming with common sense and rational thought.

...:cautious:

Cr4ig

Honorary Master
dont worry man, nobody in south africa is dumb enough to believe something like that and take action on it

this place is teeming with common sense and rational thought.

...:cautious:

Thing is while they say that, these things are happening and this mf'er is not only making excuses for it, he is justifying it.
Same kinda fcks that shoots the father, rapes the mother then shoots her, then decides to drown the young boy because he can be a witness.
I don't have words anymore, this country is fast going down the shitter. :(

crocopede

I know this is MyBB, so logic goes over most peoples heads.
But I would like to start the discussion.

I really do not want to start a fight on this topic. But how do people living on rural areas not start protecting themselves?
Is it money? They dont have R5K for a handgun? Or is it the stigma of owning one?

As with another thread here I even confirmed we were told in Pietersburg by the security guard protecting the Garlic store people dont attack us was due to the amount of dogs we had.
But we also never left the children alone when we left the plot.

We did however have 1 incident where the outer wires were cut and some chickens might have been stolen, but we never left the safety of the house when we heard something outside. Even when the dogs went mad in the early morning hours.
I have been wondering why there are no perimeter beams / alarms spread out around the house, and also further away from the house. If you have a gun, and you are alarmed of impending danger before it comes within shooting range, your chances to defend yourself becomes greater.

Thermal cameras are very expensive. But perhaps a worthwhile investment?

access

Honorary Master
Thing is while they say that, these things are happening and this mf'er is not only making excuses for it, he is justifying it.

and their gabbas actively promoting/inciting it.

of course the dingleberry crowd will be(has been) here asking for proof that it actually has any affect.

rambo919

Honorary Master
I have been wondering why there are no perimeter beams / alarms spread out around the house, and also further away from the house. If you have a gun, and you are alarmed of impending danger before it comes within shooting range, your chances to defend yourself becomes greater.

Thermal cameras are very expensive. But perhaps a worthwhile investment?
and have every second cat or bird set them off?

rambo919

Honorary Master
Am I reading this correctly, this MF'er is saying that farm murders is part of a war? How is this kind of thing acceptable, and why is this POS not locked up? Apologies if I'm reading this the wrong way.

Fck me, a child. What kind of a monster would do something like that. I'd have no issue with the perpetrator in this case being tortured to death. Slowly.

You gonna call me Alice gain for saying told ya so?