Farmer killed in Sabie robbery

intel8080

Banned
Sabie, Mpumalanga - A farmer was shot dead near Sabie, Mpumalanga, on Thursday morning, police said.

Four armed men accosted Paul Mason, 63, and his wife, Gwyneth Mason, 58, when they returned to their home on the farm Kruisfontein, Colonel Leonard Hlathi told a Sapa correspondent.

“The wife was tied up and placed in the house. They took the husband outside and the wife heard three gunshots. She managed to untie herself and called for help,” said Hlathi.

Minutes later, the police and a private security company arrived to find Mason dead.

The farm's gardener was found tied up and was thrown into a pit toilet. He was saved. The robbers took two laptops, bank cards, four cellphones, jewellery, cash, and several guns.

“We are now investigating cases of murder, armed robbery, and attempted murder,” said Hlathi.

Asked whether the police were linking the attack to that in Hazyview after midnight on Thursday, Hlathi said nothing could be ruled out.

“We cannot deny or confirm. Our investigations are underway in both cases and we cannot reveal the details at the moment,” he said.

In the early hours of Thursday morning, three masked men armed with a shotgun and two pistols reportedly robbed 108 pupils and 10 teachers, from Laerskool Hennopspark in Centurion, Gauteng.

The children, who represent their school choir, were staying at the Aan de Vliet Resort and Guest House outside Hazyview. Hlathi said three of the teachers were robbed.

“The robbers took cellphones, cash, a laptop, and an iPad. After robbing them, the unknown men ran away and police were called. We are now investigating,” said Hlathi.

Sapa

Last edited by a moderator:

intel8080

Banned
Just another random crime right? :rolleyes:

I am not so sure anymore. My contact in Nelspsuit, confirmed the facts. It is of note that the second link has more facts then the first. Keep in mind though: in the new South Africa, too many facts are racist. WTF

STS

Mafia Detective
Sabie, Mpumalanga - A farmer was shot dead near Sabie, Mpumalanga, on Thursday morning, police said.

Four armed men accosted Paul Mason, 63, and his wife, Gwyneth Mason, 58, when they returned to their home on the farm Kruisfontein, Colonel Leonard Hlathi told a Sapa correspondent.

“The wife was tied up and placed in the house. They took the husband outside and the wife heard three gunshots. She managed to untie herself and called for help,” said Hlathi.

Minutes later, the police and a private security company arrived to find Mason dead.

The farm's gardener was found tied up and was thrown into a pit toilet. He was saved. The robbers took two laptops, bank cards, four cellphones, jewellery, cash, and several guns.

“We are now investigating cases of murder, armed robbery, and attempted murder,” said Hlathi.

Asked whether the police were linking the attack to that in Hazyview after midnight on Thursday, Hlathi said nothing could be ruled out.

“We cannot deny or confirm. Our investigations are underway in both cases and we cannot reveal the details at the moment,” he said.

In the early hours of Thursday morning, three masked men armed with a shotgun and two pistols reportedly robbed 108 pupils and 10 teachers, from Laerskool Hennopspark in Centurion, Gauteng.

The children, who represent their school choir, were staying at the Aan de Vliet Resort and Guest House outside Hazyview. Hlathi said three of the teachers were robbed.

“The robbers took cellphones, cash, a laptop, and an iPad. After robbing them, the unknown men ran away and police were called. We are now investigating,” said Hlathi.

Sapa

Clearly there were other motives besides robbery :rolleyes:

intel8080

Banned
Clearly there were other motives besides robbery :rolleyes:

This is what gives credibility to the ones saying it is genocide. White was shot till he died. Black came off without a scratch. (if you don't mind the bad smell). WTF robbing someone is one thing. Killing him is another. Unless you age telling me 4 young man could not overpower one old man. How sad.

Rocket Raccoon

Executive Member
This must be the slowest genocide ever. Can't they just speed it up so everyone else will take notice? Whoever they are.

STS

Mafia Detective
This is what gives credibility to the ones saying it is genocide. White was shot till he died. Black came off without a scratch. (if you don't mind the bad smell). WTF robbing someone is one thing. Killing him is another. Unless you age telling me 4 young man could not overpower one old man. How sad.

so the black guy comes out squeaky clean(tying up and throwing in a toilet, how nice of the robbers) and they let the wife live - so they'd have more white people to kill? :p why did they not take the wife outside and shoot her next to her husband?

a lot of robberies aren't alone

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender

Are these the same kids they had on Jacaranda this morning with a sound clip where they sang "Ek sal nie bang wees nie" after the robbery took place?

intel8080

Banned
so the black guy comes out squeaky clean(tying up and throwing in a toilet, how nice of the robbers) and they let the wife live - so they'd have more white people to kill? :p why did they not take the wife outside and shoot her next to her husband?

a lot of robberies aren't alone

If they did kill both man and let the woman live, I should have said OK, I side with you. But the facts tell a different story. The local community is very outrage at this incident. Apparently the wife AND the gardener could hear heavy racial insults directed at the victim before he was killed. Oh and this is not the first time I am informed about the racial undertone of this tippe of attacks. If you want to win me over to your side you'll have to reason better then that. And sorry for pointing this out. You basically asked for it.

Last edited:

STS

Mafia Detective
If they did kill both man and let the woman live, I should have said OK, I side with you. But the facts tell a different story. The local community is very outrage at this incident. Apparently the wife AND the gardener could hear heavy racial insults directed at the victim before he was killed. Oh and this is not the first time I am informed about the racial undertone of this tippe of attacks. If you want to win me over to your side you'll have to reason better then that. And sorry for pointing this out. You basically asked for it.

i don't want to win you over to my side - you believe whatever you want to believe. saying it isn't a robbery when A LOT of things were stolen isn't true. saying they were to kill them when they put the wife aside to kill the man isn't true. saying that they only went after the white people when they tied up the gardener and threw him into a steep ditch also isn't true.

be careful of not crying wolf too many times, one day when something REALLY happens, people might not believe you

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Genocide?

Really?

Come on guys, this is a robbery, where someone got killed. I'm not trying to trivialize what actually happened, but to label it as genocide is wrong.

intel8080

Banned
i don't want to win you over to my side - you believe whatever you want to believe. saying it isn't a robbery when A LOT of things were stolen isn't true. saying they were to kill them when they put the wife aside to kill the man isn't true. saying that they only went after the white people when they tied up the gardener and threw him into a steep ditch also isn't true.

be careful of not crying wolf too many times, one day when something REALLY happens, people might not believe you

I see the difference in our reasoning :D We Europeans see the murder first and then the rest. You on the other hand, see the robbery first and the murder 'just happened'. Different ways of looking at the same thing. Oh, and read post #6 again. I did not say I see it as genocide. I said, 'some people see it as genocide'. And I only said that as a reply to your one liner: "Clearly there were other motives besides robbery". Never mind though. Let's leave it there.

Last edited:

STS

Mafia Detective
I see the difference in our reasoning :D We Europeans see the murder first and then the rest. You on the other hand, see the robbery first and the murder 'just happened'. Different ways of looking at the same thing. Oh, and read post #6 again. I did not say I see it as genocide. I said, 'some people see it as genocide'. And I only said that as a reply to your one liner: "Clearly there were other motives besides robbery". Never mind though. Let's leave it there.

you stated earlier that "you were not so sure any more" that it was random crime. anyway, that is not the issue.

we both see the murder. we both hate it and fight it, but some people are looking for reasons to make this racial. perhaps the crooks are racist, they could be racist and murderers and rapists. the difference is that that was a crime, and how people react on the forum now.

guess which trooper is the first to jump into a farm thread? hint: https://www.google.co.za/search?q=s...:mybroadband.co.za/vb+"random+crime"&safe=off

More random crime hey? :rolleyes:
Must just be random crime hey?
It may have been isolated, now its the norm and people want to tell me this is just random crime?
Let me guess random crime right? Genocide continues
Must be random crime to beat a 74 yr old man with a wooden pick handle. It will never stop until people accept the facts
The torture and cold blooded murder of our elders by black men is racist, you can hide behind your PC fantasy reality of this being random crime.

anyway, i'm not fighting with him(i didn't even type his name into the search results, he just enjoys the phrase "random crime"), but get the facts first then look at the skin colour.

if there is more motivation than robbery, tell us, scream about it, make everyone know - but don't look for any excuse to turn anything into a racial issue

Last edited: