Fibre and Load Shedding

Lupus

Honorary Master
Hooked up my ont and router to my mecer 1200 Inverter last night. Ran fine, today as well. Only issue is the batteries didn't get a chance to fully charge after having load shedding so much sigh. Hopefully I can get at least 18 hours or so charging

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hooked up my ont and router to my mecer 1200 Inverter last night. Ran fine, today as well. Only issue is the batteries didn't get a chance to fully charge after having load shedding so much sigh. Hopefully I can get at least 18 hours or so charging
Probably not going to happen. Stage 2 loadshedding throughout the night then Stage 4 again from 8am tomorrow.

What do you mean it did not work for them?
The issue is presumably, that during load shedding the ONT/ONU and router power is just one element in the chain that may require power.
It depends on precisely what technology has been deployed, and where any active points are. If there are only two (your home and the central node0, then only those two points will require power backup. BUT if there are street cabinets somewhere else that also require power, then that could be the point that determines how long the service is up for.
But without the suppliers telling you what is for what, you could go to lots of trouble to back up your end only to find that you still don't have service when the power fails in your area.
The ONT remained connected, but they had no internet access