Fibrestream a predatory ISP BEWARE

Shirley Douglas

Fibrestream is an owner run ISP that relies on predatory billing operations to make money. It makes a debit order mandatory, promises the earth, then fails to deliver. But you are caught in their web. When you try to leave they will tie you up in red tape small type about cancelling through legal letters etc (not required under law) Then they will debit and debit in total contravention of credit and PASA regulations, all the while adding on cost after cost. Our bank cannot stop these debits as they use a different ref no each time thereby circumventing the systems. They threaten then bully and then ignore any attempts at resolution - all the while standard sending process letters to get you listed as a defaulter. We are taking them on - apparently so are many others and we will link up to try a larger case with other dissatisfied ex-customers. I will keep the process posted here. Please anyone else involved in disputes with Fibrestream let me know?

Note in December 2018 Fibrestream debited our account with an additional 15% increase in fees. This increase had not been publicised anywhere to their clients - it came out of the blue. Our order bounced as we had sufficient for the agreed fee not the unknown increased fee. We were then disconnected by them and only able to be reconnected when we paid the new fee plus a reconnection fee despite this not being our fault in any way. Wesley Swarts the owner manager then proceeded to become aggressive with us and we then gave him notice of no longer utilising their service. They refuse to acknowledge my email correspondence (despite using it with me over a year and a half) and will only recognise a registered letter sort of thing. This is of course unlawful tactics resulting in an abuse of the debit order system and in contravention of their own contract.

Please do not get sucked into this trap. Its a pity a local area business behaves like this but there are movements to get fibre stream investigated.

threegee

Hi Shirley, I concur with all you have said and my complain started at icasa went to the NCC and has now been referred to the consumer goods Ombud. If you need details, let me know.
Please send me details as I want to start precedings against these low life scumbags. Cancellation emails sent multiple times since first week of December (including their cancellation form) are only being dealt with now 20 Jan 2020 and now they're trying to throw a remainder of 24 contract move despite me having in black and white on a signed contract that it was a month to month contract. Absolutely disgusted with these asswipes.

R4ziel

Expert Member
I keep getting Fibrestream invoices for a service I never signed up for, calling them or sending them email is about as effective as playing lotto

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Blocking the debit order by the bank should require that you must accept a new debit order via the DebiCheck system, does it not stop the unauthorized debit orders?

threegee

Blocking the debit order by the bank should require that you must accept a new debit order via the DebiCheck system, does it not stop the unauthorized debit orders?
That's my next move tomorrow. Paid their cancellation figure in full and they just ignore all emails and will not respond with confirmation of cancellation or receipt of the payment. Lovely people and so full of ethics. They treat you like absolute dirt when you try leave. Involving the ISPA to mediate has also proven to be utterly fruitless seems they have absolutely no clout and are yet another industry body not worth their salt.

threegee

Are these scumbags still in operation?
Oh yes indeed they are still in operation, just changed the official trading name to be Fibrestream and no longer SkyFi. Both companies registered and always been owned by Mr Michael Julio Pinto Ribeiro. Both domains SkyFi and Fibrestream registered by him.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
That's my next move tomorrow. Paid their cancellation figure in full and they just ignore all emails and will not respond with confirmation of cancellation or receipt of the payment. Lovely people and so full of ethics. They treat you like absolute dirt when you try leave. Involving the ISPA to mediate has also proven to be utterly fruitless seems they have absolutely no clout and are yet another industry body not worth their salt.
Start a discussion with frogfoot, vumatel and octotel, they'll probably be interested in removing someone breaking the rules from their network as it gives them a bad name. On FF they seem to only have a 100Mbps package using their Skyfi name.

threegee

Start a discussion with frogfoot, vumatel and octotel, they'll probably be interested in removing someone breaking the rules from their network as it gives them a bad name. On FF they seem to only have a 100Mbps package using their Skyfi name.
Thanks Johnathan I will explore this option too

Winna1988

Fibrestream is an owner run ISP that relies on predatory billing operations to make money. It makes a debit order mandatory, promises the earth, then fails to deliver. But you are caught in their web. When you try to leave they will tie you up in red tape small type about cancelling through legal letters etc (not required under law) Then they will debit and debit in total contravention of credit and PASA regulations, all the while adding on cost after cost. Our bank cannot stop these debits as they use a different ref no each time thereby circumventing the systems. They threaten then bully and then ignore any attempts at resolution - all the while standard sending process letters to get you listed as a defaulter. We are taking them on - apparently so are many others and we will link up to try a larger case with other dissatisfied ex-customers. I will keep the process posted here. Please anyone else involved in disputes with Fibrestream let me know?

Note in December 2018 Fibrestream debited our account with an additional 15% increase in fees. This increase had not been publicised anywhere to their clients - it came out of the blue. Our order bounced as we had sufficient for the agreed fee not the unknown increased fee. We were then disconnected by them and only able to be reconnected when we paid the new fee plus a reconnection fee despite this not being our fault in any way. Wesley Swarts the owner manager then proceeded to become aggressive with us and we then gave him notice of no longer utilising their service. They refuse to acknowledge my email correspondence (despite using it with me over a year and a half) and will only recognise a registered letter sort of thing. This is of course unlawful tactics resulting in an abuse of the debit order system and in contravention of their own contract.

Please do not get sucked into this trap. Its a pity a local area business behaves like this but there are movements to get fibre stream investigated.

Winna1988

Fibrestream is really a good excuse for a company their level of customer service is the worst and their contract covers them in everything. If I had seen all of the advice from people about them I would never ever have signed a contract with them, their manager in the technical department has never responded to my email the only ladies that responded was the same two ladies that say they escalated the matter just to find their manager does not even bother. Does anyone know what to do or what legal advice I can get from an attorney, we not even 4 months in our contract with them and wasn't even informed all you hear coming out of their mouths is the terms and conditions. They do not fix the problem they care more about the money than the service to clients. I will never recommend them to anyone. Please be aware of these kinds of companies they are crooks, they do not even mention any cover to insure your hardware only when your hardware is damaged then you hear about insurance.

mrlgm007

Where I am in JHB no fiber or ADSL at least Rain 5g is working for me but anyway got the email on Friday that my Fibrestream kak is done and dusted not blacklisted any more and don't owe them anything not getting my money back for the service either but my name is clear.

This is one ISP I would stay far away From.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
Seems like a company @mybb should be writing about after a decent investigation! Public should be made aware of these sort of companies!

Jigga87

Fibrestream is really a good excuse for a company their level of customer service is the worst and their contract covers them in everything. If I had seen all of the advice from people about them I would never ever have signed a contract with them, their manager in the technical department has never responded to my email the only ladies that responded was the same two ladies that say they escalated the matter just to find their manager does not even bother. Does anyone know what to do or what legal advice I can get from an attorney, we not even 4 months in our contract with them and wasn't even informed all you hear coming out of their mouths is the terms and conditions. They do not fix the problem they care more about the money than the service to clients. I will never recommend them to anyone. Please be aware of these kinds of companies they are crooks, they do not even mention any cover to insure your hardware only when your hardware is damaged then you hear about insurance.
Wow I really agree with you they are just a bad place hey my line is been off for more than 10 days now and still counting I filled in cancellation but they still did not get back to me im stuck in this contract im paying for a service that im not getting and I ordered this line for work. When my internet is off I dont get paid. This is the worst service ever Im having with these guys I just feel like taking their equipment of my premises and drop it at their place really the amount of stress these guys are giving me is realy bad. Their support people are so not helpfull. They just decide to dothe maintenace then my line is off for 6 days in a row, a week ago same thing. When the line is back on then the speeds are slow. I spend literally R500 just calling them thats besides the emails. And I pay R1700 for this service which is so not worth it