Firefox 4 Beta 7

Chiller89

Hi all
I just wanted to say, I have stuck with firefox for many years, however the recent 4.0b6 version had an irritating problem where it would lag for a minute or two on every startup, so i ended up going to chrome, I just installed the Beta 7 and I am very happy with it! No more lag, thanks so much, would be interested to know if anyone else had this problem?

Post your thoughts and views on the new version and other problems, I know I like the new version!
Cheerz

P.S sorry if this thread already exists, couldn't find it, please direct me to it if you find it!
Cheers

Adrenalin

Expert Member
Well, my experience with FF is diminnishing very quickly. It uses alot of memory, and does pause for a few seconds every now and then but i think that is because of the adbockr trying to connect to the websites of the pictures, and eventually fails.

Not going to switch, because i have all my passwords etc on FF, and yeah. To lazy.

dudesweet

Can confirm the awful hangs in beta 6 and below. Got rrally frustrating after the first few weeks, so I just gave up and went back to 3.6.
Will check out b7 and let you know how it performs.

cpu.

Expert Member
I'm sure you know this, but just to be sure...

You are using beta products, not final release. Beta is for testing and reporting problems to Mozilla that they can act on. The latest release I know of is 3.6.12.

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
Oh, and according to the comments in the Ars Technica thread, if you had Beta 6, you should uninstall completely before installing beta 7, otherwise it keeps some old settings which aren't good ;-)

killadoob

Honorary Master
Yea i love firefox, i tried 4 but it sucked so i went back. You cannot copare a complete polished product to a beta dude.

Vega

I'm using the latest release of firefox, and there are very noticeable hangs, especially on start up.
Also it uses a lot of memory which does put a strain on older machines.
I'm going to give Chrome a try soon.