Firefox 4 hits mobile devices

Adoxographist

@bullzeye.za

Does it work smoothly with all do add-ons? How is the battery life with it?

CrazYmonkeY159

Expert Member
OK so ive been using this browser for 2 weeks or so on my DHD:

this is just my opinion so please dont flame me.

The features that this browser packs is phenominal, the synching between browsers is absolutely beutiful. I have a Laptop and a Desktop and I always synched my bookmarks and such items to and from them, and now I have it on my phone (makes looking for links easier)

if youre browsing and you have 3 tabs open on your lappy/desktop you can easily pick it up on your phone on the go.

1 bad side, the browsing expirience compared to androids stock browser is lacking. it renders part of the webpage rather than the whole webpage (this is ideal if you have a lower specced phone but for my DHD its unnacceptable). if you scroll really quickly from the top of a big website to the bottom it takes some time for the webpage to render in time. this isnt the same as the stock browser, it seems to render the whole webpage in one go. this means that scrolling through heavy websites is a breeze. although the android browser isnt as feature heavy i still use the firefox one for convienience sake.

not sure how each browser compares but thats something a tech website should do (benchmark speeds)

bullzeye.za

Expert Member
@bullzeye.za

Does it work smoothly with all do add-ons? How is the battery life with it?

Sorry for the incredibly late reply...

Smooth as butter, and everything is right where you expect it to be ( except for the elusive "fake desktop browser" button that I am unable to find, even though I have the addon installed )

Otherwise, I've got a few addons, just adblock and the sort ( except on myBB! ), and it runs beatifully. The syncing of tabs and favorites to the desktop is also a massive plus.