Firefox not what it used to be?

I use IE7. It browses web pages and I have NEVER had an issue with it. Why should I bother installing another browser thats downright fugly and needs a shedload of thrid party plugins to function?

The FF vs IE debate looks (to me) exactly like the Linux vs MS debate. Just a bunch of fanboys that prefers spending hours working on the application, instead of the content it's supposed to display.

/rant over

100%. Basically people here don't like IE because it is a Micro$oft product. So it doesn't matter if it's a good product, it being a M$ product is enough reason to despise it.

NOTE: I have FF3 installed as well, I just don't have a use for it.
 
I don't mind IE or FF. I personally use FF3 because FF was the browser I enjoyed the most. I agree with the OP that FF is not what it used to be.

The only problem I have had with IE vs FF is that it tended to be a little more open to nasties online - not so much anymore though.
 
Nah, it is not just about usability. Yes, both FF and IE are "usable" .. but FF is "extendable".

I can use FF to check the weather, see times around the world, monitor downloads, check the geographic location of web pages, pick random websites at the click of a button, make internet phone calls, open my mail client, save entire web pages and snapshots of web pages, download all images on a page, etc. .... ALL WITHOUT OPENING A SINGLE NEW WINDOW!

That is the power of Firefox.
 
Nah, it is not just about usability. Yes, both FF and IE are "usable" .. but FF is "extendable".

I can use FF to check the weather, see times around the world, monitor downloads, check the geographic location of web pages, pick random websites at the click of a button, make internet phone calls, open my mail client, save entire web pages and snapshots of web pages, download all images on a page, etc. .... ALL WITHOUT OPENING A SINGLE NEW WINDOW!

That is the power of Firefox.

That is the power of Plugins.
 
ROFL. I'm not arguing with you.

EDIT: No need to get all defensive as I've hurled personal insults at you!

huh? Where did I get all defensive. I am simply making the point that plugins do not necessarily equal Firefox add-ons. They are much more powerful.

I made no insults or comments about you. I simply played the ball regarding the thread topic. If you feel that my response does not apply to you then feel free to ignore it.
 
100%. Basically people here don't like IE because it is a Micro$oft product.

Nice generalization there, this is the reason I gave why I don't like Internet Explorer ;)

No, because I've had a lot of problems with it on multiple machines

So it doesn't matter if it's a good product

In my experience it's not a good product, mediocre at best. As always, your mileage may vary.

it being a M$ product is enough reason to despise it.

Not at all, my experiences with it is enough reason to despise it. If I hated Microsoft I wouldn't buy Windows XP and Windows Vista licenses for all of the computers in my house. Example: I prefer VLC instead of Windows Media Player, because it uses less resources and has codecs built-in. Now tell me I hate Windows Media Player because it's a Microsoft product ;)
 
Has anyone found a fix for the mouse scroll wheel not working? Or am I the only one suffering from this problem? :(
 
100%. Basically people here don't like IE because it is a Micro$oft product. So it doesn't matter if it's a good product, it being a M$ product is enough reason to despise it.

NOTE: I have FF3 installed as well, I just don't have a use for it.

+1

firefox gave me a bsod the other day, uses 100% cpu sometimes :/
 
Hmmm.... why don't you give your precious IE7 browser a test...

http://acid3.acidtests.org/

What's with the 'your precious browser'? I said IE7 is my browser of choice, it never gives me problems. So what about it. I have FF3 installed, but since IE7 works fine, I have no use for it. Same as the Ubuntu PC standing next to me gathering dust.
 
I prefer IE7. If I go on my brothers PC it looks and works and pretty much looks the same as the one my PC, no having to deal with his pimped up FF wiht addons or anything.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X