First Firefox smartphones hit SA

Sparhawk

Nice to see alternative options, now when are we going to see the Ubuntu Phone old Mark has been going on about or was that canned?

cfilorux

Touch screen support without the inconvenience of a touch screen

Nice to see alternative options, now when are we going to see the Ubuntu Phone old Mark has been going on about or was that canned?
I thought the ubuntu mobile thing was just a way of killing off Gnome. Didn't it work?

Last edited:

konfab

Honorary Master
No Whatsapp voice, Skype or Google Hangouts. Now I know why these phones are being pushed by the likes of MTN .

Praeses

Expert Member
It has better specs than my previous phone (Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S), would be interesting to see how well FirefoxOS runs on it...probably better than Android since it's designed for low-specced devices.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
But Firefox OS still does not support WhatsApp. That is just ridiculous.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Over R2000 for that POS specs? I'll pass...

But Firefox OS still does not support WhatsApp. That is just ridiculous.

Can probably use Whatsapp Web and pair it to a real aka Android smartphone :p

Last edited:

werner

Expert Member
pity...
the ZTE Open C wouldve been my first choice for a firefox phone, especially because it can run kitkat too.

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
if it's like the browser, then you won't get annoyed while waiting for updates like with android. firefox releases a new version every 83 seconds.

i wouldn't mind one of these. i'll be in the market for a work phone soon, but i actually want something with good battery, but cheap. i'll go scour the web for details on this one.

Shaydi

I've been waiting to get my hands on a FF phone but other devices in that price range have more RAM so I'm not sold on it yet.

Beachless

Executive Member
if it's like the browser, then you won't get annoyed while waiting for updates like with android. firefox releases a new version every 83 seconds.

i wouldn't mind one of these. i'll be in the market for a work phone soon, but i actually want something with good battery, but cheap. i'll go scour the web for details on this one.

If its like the browser it will need 16gigs of ram.