Fixed Wireless RAIN useless

ramsbod

Nobody at Afrihell cares anymore. I have not been able to access the internet for a whole week and Afrihost had no solution yet. Hell they don't even know what the problem is. Don't buy any products from this company. It is a circus.

Quicks

Expert Member
Funny last year they said they will focus on customer support?

I had a queries with them last in December with issues with the product as well. waited 48 no response so I decided to cancel, and even then they only got back to me 2 weeks later after it was cancelled already.

ramsbod

I think they want us all to cancel it because it is not sustainable for them.

ramsbod

I had a queries with them last in December with issues with the product as well. waited 48 no response so I decided to cancel, and even then they only got back to me 2 weeks later after it was cancelled already.
What are you using in its place?

Quicks

Expert Member
What are you using in its place?
I am using Telkom prepaid for the time being little more expensive, but less hassles.
Paid R455 for 40 + 40 the day time expires after two months and night time after one month.
They have many price data options check which one falls in your budget for R100 more R555 you can get 60 + 60.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Nobody at Afrihell cares anymore. I have not been able to access the internet for a whole week and Afrihost had no solution yet. Hell they don't even know what the problem is. Don't buy any products from this company. It is a circus.
This is really horrible to hear you say. You shouldn't have been without a connection for so long.

I know that I am getting back to you so late, but I would really like to assist you. Please send me a PM with your account information and I will get you sorted out.

TELESPHORE

I am also not getting very bad speeds and even have RAIN on the DM on Twitter. Their services see to be oversubscribed. Well that does not help us as customers much. I am looking at even going to TelkmSA prepaid until I can get a better service. TelkomSA went same route and now they have spare capacity on LTE. Speed Test Telkomsa 25.82 Mbps - Rain 0.19-1.13 Mbps - Pathetic

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I am using Telkom prepaid for the time being little more expensive, but less hassles.
Paid R455 for 40 + 40 the day time expires after two months and night time after one month.
They have many price data options check which one falls in your budget for R100 more R555 you can get 60 + 60.
What Monica offers you getting on your sim?

Kevin1971

This is really horrible to hear you say. You shouldn't have been without a connection for so long.

I know that I am getting back to you so late, but I would really like to assist you. Please send me a PM with your account information and I will get you sorted out.
When you pay for a service you should not be without a connection at all?

Dan C

Honorary Master
Well so far almost 2 hours into load shedding Rain fixed is going strong. Enjoying Netflix while the neighbours are reading books by candle light

ramsbod

Yes I think their customer support has actually got worse not better.

phly

Expert Member
Well so far almost 2 hours into load shedding Rain fixed is going strong. Enjoying Netflix while the neighbours are reading books by candle light
On what device were you watching on and how much data on average per hour would you say Netflix consumed.

Dan C

Honorary Master
On what device were you watching on and how much data on average per hour would you say Netflix consumed.
8.9" tablet. No idea how much.. will have to monitor next time.

phly

Expert Member
Only reason I don't dare try netflix during the night time is data usage as data is not uncapped in those hours so the little data that one has for night time and disaster times - when mobile is down - needs to last for the entire month. Worse if using an android tv box as that tries to give you the best quality for all your data.

Hellhound105

Expert Member

LoL makes the second comment seem like a fact(Which I didnt say wasnt). However this is not the support system, but your reply makes it so much funnier.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
When you pay for a service you should not be without a connection at all?
Obviously, there are some issues that are out of our control so there is no way to guarantee 100% uptime. When there are issues I can assure you that we will do everything we can to try and sort this out.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Gee, it looks like you got lucky there!