Fixed Wireless RAIN useless

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Well... You asked me to let you know how it went so here goes...
Decided to keep the RAIN network and give it to the kids for downloads and get an additional CELLC package.
Ordered it through Afrihost and everything went smooth untill I had to take delivery...
With the RAIN package a year ago there was no issue to deliver it to my wife, this time round I designate my wife as the person that will receive the package. The courier rocks up at her work wanting to see a proof of address in my wife's name AT HER WORKPLACE!!! I spoke to the courier and explained to him that it is my package, the account is in my name and my wife will only be taking delivery since she had the proof of address in my name and my ID with her...
Couldn't sort it out so the courier left with my package and I called Afrihost... Explained the situation to a Fixed wireless manager and he promised to try and sort it out and get back to me.
A lady later called me and told me the easiest will be to change the delivery address to my work address and I should send her my work address via email and she will arrange and let me know. I sent her the details and GPS coordinates.
The following morning my wife calls me... The courier company again wants to deliver the package to her work address and they would just want to confirm if she managed to sort out the paperwork!!!
So, I logged onto the Afrihost Clientzone and cancelled the order as well as the RAIN subscription I had.
Went to a CellC store the following day and 20 minutes later I walked out with a fixed wireless package that works beautifully... Now I am just waiting for my refund of the debit order that Afrihost was quick to take off of my account... Will give it untill Friday, if it is not refunded I will just reverse it through my internet banking...
Luckily there is at least one thing from Afrihost that works and that is the online order and service cancellation...

This does sound horrible and I am so sorry that you struggled here.

There is a valid reason for this though. If we send you a sim card it will need to follow the RICA guidelines. This means whoever receives the sim card needs to register the sim card in their name. Additionally, they need to provide their proof of address and copy of their ID.

I will help you with the Accounts side of this, please send me a PM with your information and I will look into this for you.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Your company is useless. PM'ed you but got no response. Cancelled my product and in the process of cancelling all my Afrihost products. Your service is worse than Telkom now.

I am so sorry about this, I wasn't available the last couple of days and I am so sorry that I didn't get to your message. I will answer you right now.

TELESPHORE

Why must I cancel and go for more expensive alternatives. Are you going to fund the difference. It is a service I paid for and it has not been up to standard. It used to be quite fine but due to bad management oversubscribed. Why must I pay for other peoples mistakes. And if you don't like me complaining then don't read this thread

racer

We are only trying to help here by giving alternatives. Not everybody on the Cell C network is having a horrible time.

Everyone I know is having a horrible time. Afrihost knows about this and should be demanding that Cell C upgrade their infrastructure , or stop selling the product!

ramsbod

Got an email from Gian a few weeks ago apologizing and saying he will look into the issue and provide me with an alternative. That is the last I heard from him. So proof that Afrihost has become as useless if not more useless than Telkom

jpbotha1963

Standard reply I got from RAIN on my network speed ticket logged : [RE: [#TVV-204-29898] with them responded a week later "Kindly reset your device if you have already done the APN settings."
Afrihost support also in the slow to help or not at all "I'm having difficulties interpreting the results you sent, kindly send me a screenshot of the results" which was included in the original ticket that was submitted

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Why must I cancel and go for more expensive alternatives. Are you going to fund the difference. It is a service I paid for and it has not been up to standard. It used to be quite fine but due to bad management oversubscribed. Why must I pay for other peoples mistakes. And if you don't like me complaining then don't read this thread

I know that you are having a hard time and I am sorry for this. The issue is that an ISP cannot fix this as we don't have control over the network. Your best option if you want to use a service that can give you want is to probably move to another provider. I promise you this is the last thing we want.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Everyone I know is having a horrible time. Afrihost knows about this and should be demanding that Cell C upgrade their infrastructure , or stop selling the product!

I am going, to be honest with you, it isn't that easy. There are tons of people and tons of areas that aren't being affected by the issues you are having so to stop selling the service wouldn't be a good idea. I can assure you we tell Cell C about all the issues we encounter.

TELESPHORE

I know that you are having a hard time and I am sorry for this. The issue is that an ISP cannot fix this as we don't have control over the network. Your best option if you want to use a service that can give you want is to probably move to another provider. I promise you this is the last thing we want.

Cell C is not an option. their Fixed LTE-A coverage here is less than 300m Radius around the tower. And in the poorest suburbs where you wont get a subscriber or at shopping malls where people don't stay. RAIN is a disaster. Going back to TelkomSA. At least it works. I had to reboot my router twice before I could even open this website. So Afrihost and RAIN as done what no competition could have done. Given yourself the worst rated service in the industry.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Cell C is not an option. their Fixed LTE-A coverage here is less than 300m Radius around the tower. And in the poorest suburbs where you wont get a subscriber or at shopping malls where people don't stay. RAIN is a disaster. Going back to TelkomSA. At least it works. I had to reboot my router twice before I could even open this website. So Afrihost and RAIN as done what no competition could have done. Given yourself the worst rated service in the industry.

I am so sorry that you have had to take that route. I know that it isn't ideal and we don't want to lose you, but at the same time, we don't want you to suffer from a horrible connection. I wish you all the best with your new ISP and if you need anything else, please let me know.