FLLA phones?

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
My parents got this phone and everthing is working except you cannot hear the phone ring? Is there something we are missing. They are very old.
The sound is on its loudest. Where is the mute button or isn;'t there one?
1551894493921.png

rambo919

Expert Member
Got a call today, the genius said all the copper lines in the area will be cut by the 25th.... there is no mobile signal, no fibre.... either someone is lying or an entire town is going to loose internet.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
You DO realize fax came before cell right?
Oh FFS !!

You are saying that old people, pensioners, that have no cellphones, have fax machines in their houses that they use instead of email?

Pull the other one...

Stevej2567

My gran has the FLLA wifi phone and whilst using it it has muted itself. When a call comes through it only shows up on the small screen but the phone no longer rings. When I tried to adjust the sound of the ring and click ok to set it it always reverts to the muted volume setting. How can I fix this?

ProAsm

Expert Member
My gran has the FLLA wifi phone and whilst using it it has muted itself. When a call comes through it only shows up on the small screen but the phone no longer rings. When I tried to adjust the sound of the ring and click ok to set it it always reverts to the muted volume setting. How can I fix this?
If it's the standard Telkom Atel KW125 then here is the manual.

Attachments

AlGray

Nonsense...
Gosh, your arrogance is overwhelming. You need to understand that not everyone is tech savvy. My parents are in their late 80's, and use a normal POTS phone, and have a fax machine connected to it. They use the fax a bit still, but not nearly as much as before. They couldn't be bothered with e-mail, and neither of them use a cellphone. They send letters by post with stamps and all.

Many of their friends are exactly the same. They just don't give a hoot about new tech.

I guess you have been proven wrong this time. :cool:

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Gosh, your arrogance is overwhelming. You need to understand that not everyone is tech savvy. My parents are in their late 80's, and use a normal POTS phone, and have a fax machine connected to it. They use the fax a bit still, but not nearly as much as before. They couldn't be bothered with e-mail, and neither of them use a cellphone. They send letters by post with stamps and all.

Many of their friends are exactly the same. They just don't give a hoot about new tech.

I guess you have been proven wrong this time. :cool:
Nonsense...

jcheek

Expert Member
Gosh, your arrogance is overwhelming.
+1.

My aged folks, too, are in danger of losing their beloved analogue landline in favour of an FLLA phone that won't be able to connect to their cordless DECT phones.
And, for a long time I operated a "fax-forward" scheme, whereby emails sent to them would get auto-forwarded, to arrive by fax on their POTS-connected multi-function fax machine ...

Solarion

Honorary Master
How do I connect with this device? I just bought the FLLA, put in the simcard everything but it's saying "mobile network not available".

Have I missed something?

Edit: Maybe Telkom need to active the Sim?