Fly-by-Night Web Hosts

wikus

Has anyone here had any unfortunate dealings with a fly-by-night web host? I have.

A year ago I signed up with a web host called WebHostASP.com (which doesn't exist anymore).
I was impressed with their prices and I registered a domain with them and let them host my domain.

After a while I started to notice serious downtime... sometimes for days on end.
I then put in a transfer request at another host and contacted them to accept the transfer request. They didn't respond to my e-mails and I even called their office in the US but there was no answer.
After my e-mails to them I noticed I can't log into my control panel any more, so I assumed they closed my account and I accepted that I had lost the domain and that I will never get it back.
They billed my credit card for six months after I cancelled, strangely enough they were responding to my e-mails if I threatened to report them to my credit card company. So they credited my credit card with the money they stole from me.

I only use GoDaddy these days. I simply won't trust another host again.

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
Theres plenty of reliable hosts out there apart from GoDaddy. One just needs to do your research properly before choosing one.