FNB Cell C SIM activation backlog cleared

the_lobe

Good. I got my iPad like two weeks before christmas, took them a week to activate the sim, and yesterday finally I got an SMS stating that my free data has been loaded.

How are you supposed to top up that sim if you don't have a phone with a micro-sim? Through FNB connect? Cause I don't see anything there.

Gambit

Expert Member
If you can find out the phone number for your sim card then you can just buy airtime through FNB online banking. Unfortunately the only way I know to get the phone number is to put the sim in a phone and dial *177 177# but once you have the number then you don't need to put it in a phone again.

Beri

Expert Member
Good. I got my iPad like two weeks before christmas, took them a week to activate the sim, and yesterday finally I got an SMS stating that my free data has been loaded.

How are you supposed to top up that sim if you don't have a phone with a micro-sim? Through FNB connect? Cause I don't see anything there.

You could buy a sim adapter. R80

j4ck455

Executive Member
This is presumably only applicable to Cell C SIM cards sold with a "Smart Device" because FNB Connect still doesn't allow Cell C customers to receive FNB Connect 3G data rewards (Vodacom and MTN only).

Tharaxis

That's if you even get a SIM. I got the piece of paper saying I received a data bundle with my iPhone 5s delivery, but there was no SIM ever actually connected to the card. The cover for the sticky bit wasn't even removed, so it had never had anything stuck to it whatsoever.

Not that it matters entirely, since I would be using my current SIM/data anyway, but did feel a bit unfortunate that I couldn't get that extra bit of data along with it.

Gambit

Expert Member
That's if you even get a SIM. I got the piece of paper saying I received a data bundle with my iPhone 5s delivery, but there was no SIM ever actually connected to the card. The cover for the sticky bit wasn't even removed, so it had never had anything stuck to it whatsoever.

Not that it matters entirely, since I would be using my current SIM/data anyway, but did feel a bit unfortunate that I couldn't get that extra bit of data along with it.

I also never got a sim with my iPad in December so I called FNB and they told me I must go to an dotFNB store with my ID and they would give me a sim card.