FNB delays virtual card launch

Romito

Expert Member
Does this mean that the virtual card can potentially be used on Samsung Pay

K3NS31

Expert Member
Does this mean that the virtual card can potentially be used on Samsung Pay
Sounds like it but why bother. Couldn't find any advantage to using Samsung Pay over FNB Pay, so I just went back to the FNB one.

Romito

Expert Member
Sounds like it but why bother. Couldn't find any advantage to using Samsung Pay over FNB Pay, so I just went back to the FNB one.
I find it much easier to use Samsung Pay as opposed to FNB pay. I don't have to be connected to the internet, can also use my watch standalone.

K3NS31

Expert Member
I find it much easier to use Samsung Pay as opposed to FNB pay. I don't have to be connected to the internet, can also use my watch standalone.
I'm always connected but I've never tried using it standalone on the watch. How would that work? Is your watch totally offline or is it on wifi?

krycor

Honorary Master
Discovery just launched their virtual card service.

1 free card.. i wonder what the cost of it will be.. technically this is security measure which saves them(credit card has card issuer & bank take risk 1st) longer term so will be funny if this is a premium feature. But this is SA.. who are we kidding.

Romito

Expert Member
I'm always connected but I've never tried using it standalone on the watch. How would that work? Is your watch totally offline or is it on wifi?
You can use the watch on standalone for up to 3 payments before needing to connect it to your phone to sync. I usually forget my phone but can still use the watch to pay.

K3NS31

Expert Member
You can use the watch on standalone for up to 3 payments before needing to connect it to your phone to sync. I usually forget my phone but can still use the watch to pay.
Hm, that would lose some of the security advantages of NFC based payments, but does add a lot of convenience.
Good to know, thanks

Charlesjjm

1 free card.. i wonder what the cost of it will be.. technically this is security measure which saves them(credit card has card issuer & bank take risk 1st) longer term so will be funny if this is a premium feature. But this is SA.. who are we kidding.
The 1st card is free, if you want a second one you will pay R5 per month.