FNB delays virtual card launch

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Hmm tested it with Snapscan and my purchase failed due to invalid CVC.. guess this is only for once off? Haven't tried PayPal/Google yet.
Likely nothing that stores the card detail,or at least the CVV would need updates constantly

* Looks like it should recognize recurring transactions without a new CVV according to the news

Last edited:

blunt

Expert Member
Likely nothing that stores the card detail,or at least the CVV would need updates constantly

* Looks like it should recognize recurring transactions without a new CVV according to the news
Yeah thought it would work with snapscan since when you add it to snapscan they do the usual verification R1 charge to confirm your card.

Though whenever I use snapscan I need to approve the verified by visa transaction before it goes through.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Yeah thought it would work with snapscan since when you add it to snapscan they do the usual verification R1 charge to confirm your card.

Though whenever I use snapscan I need to approve the verified by visa transaction before it goes through.
No popup in the FNB app to approve?

blunt

Expert Member
No popup in the FNB app to approve?
It did and I approved but it failed and got a msg saying the CVC is incorrect.
Wondering if it will actually work for Spotify and the likes.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
It did and I approved but it failed and got a msg saying the CVC is incorrect.
Wondering if it will actually work for Spotify and the likes.
Might be a vendor that needs whitelisting

I've dealt with similar,you sometimes need to add manual rules for alotta **** in the background for that card machine to do what it needs to :laugh:

blunt

Expert Member
Might be a vendor that needs whitelisting

I've dealt with similar,you sometimes need to add manual rules for alotta **** in the background for that card machine to do what it needs to :laugh:
ye seems likely something like that - i was quite surprised to have to do that every time with snapscan. Engen 1 app as well (though that goes via MasterPass). Mr D doesn't ask me to approve via the FNB app. Seems they gotta do some more enrolling.

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
ye seems likely something like that - i was quite surprised to have to do that every time with snapscan. Engen 1 app as well (though that goes via MasterPass). Mr D doesn't ask me to approve via the FNB app. Seems they gotta do some more enrolling.
Yeah they likely took a top list by transactions,or just what the Pilot group had,and rolled with it
I'd log a call on the secure chat to have them check the vendor

blunt

Expert Member
Yeah they likely took a top list by transactions,or just what the Pilot group had,and rolled with it
eish.. secure chat.. my nemesis, i guess if nobody brings it up it wont happen, let me give it a crack.

blunt

Expert Member
Logged a request with the chat person to find out re- PayPal, Spotify, Snapscan, Zapper, Google and recurring payments like Afrihost. Will email me tomorrow when everyone's back in the office apparently.

I see on the PDF FAQ it says "Pay Pal" is not available during the pilot .. not sure if this still counts as the pilot.