FNB drops iPad 3 prices

jes

MyBroadband Alumnus
FNB drops iPad 3 prices

First National Bank dropped its iPad 3 pricing following the retail price reduction announced by South African distriubutor, Core group

n00berizer

I can't believe people still buy iPads when the vastly superior Nexus 7 is available at half the price for twice the specs. LOL @ the laggards.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I can't believe people still buy iPads when the vastly superior Nexus 7 is available at half the price for twice the specs. LOL @ the laggards.
What are you on about? These are two very different tablets you are talking about.

Jan

Drifting in the black
How come the old monthly amount in the table doesn't equal this information published on moneyweb a week ago?

http://www.moneyweb.co.za/moneyweb-technology-news/smart-devices-from-fnb-for-a-steal

But I think I am going to get one now, and get a credit card to get the additional R50 discount.
That threw me off as well. Upon closer inspection it seems they used the iPad 2 pricing for the W-Fi only iPad 3, and I couldn't figure out the rest. So I went back to articles Hilton and I did a few months back and cross referenced with information from FNB.

I'm pretty sure that this information is accurate.

Vice

Expert Member
Well now that's fantastic news. I received mine two weeks ago. There's a void for "hacker news" ...

Biscuit1018

Expert Member
When you buy a car do you only look at specs and price?

The attitude of the iHaters on this blog is beyond belief.
People select Apple rationally for good solid reasons.
They are their reasons, not yours.
You have your reasons to select Nexus. That's fine.

Argue why the Nexus is good but this constant assault on the opposition is irrational. Why?
Does it make you feel good? Superior?

Last edited:

charlie_82

Expert Member
Any FNB representatives here who can comment on when FNB will have the iPad 4?

GreyBush

Executive Member
When you buy a car do you only look at specs and price?

The attitude of the iHaters on this blog is beyond belief.
People select Apple rationally for good solid reasons.
They are their reasons, not yours.
You have your reasons to select Nexus. That's fine.

Argue why the Nexus is good but this constant assault on the opposition is irrational. Why?
Does it make you feel good? Superior?
Shame man he's just trying to be "cool".

Biscuit1018

Expert Member
Shame man he's just trying to be "cool".
Maybe but its juvenile.

Of course
* he is one of many culprits
* he may well be juvenile age wise. Calling my daughter childish (she is 11) is probably a little redundant.

Kull Warrior

some retailers still selling the ipad 3 at old prices, received promo paper from PnP Hyper selling the ipad 3 wifi only at " Super Low Prices !'' of R5299.

Biscuit1018

Expert Member
some retailers still selling the ipad 3 at old prices, received promo paper from PnP Hyper selling the ipad 3 wifi only at " Super Low Prices !'' of R5299.
If it was P&P I would bet that they had prepared the promotion before the iPad 4 came out and they didnt stop the promo
Typical big retailer stuff