• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Free ADSL troubleshooting from Crystal Web

Crystal Web

Crystal Web representative
Company Rep
Hi Crystal Web. Managed to chat with one of your consultants last night. Miraculously my ADSL line was on it's best behaviour last night. Thanks for the excellent service.
When ever it plays up, just contact us and we'll be there to help. Support is 24 hours. Customer support however takes priority, so apologies for any delayed responses.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Hi CW,

Telkom promo folk came to my complex and convinced me to sign a 20mbps package with them, as the area supports it. I tried cancelling but after 2.5 months lost the battle and they activated it. That's a discussion for another day ;)

Anyway - activated on 15 December and was fairly happy with everything. Then I started noticing it was unstable, disconnecting for a few minutes and reconnecting etc. I posted my stats on here and it was picked up that the noise level was horrible. Weird - because they came to me :/

* Could I stay and pay for my 20mbit package with you guys and you sync me lower - like 18mbit?
* Would lowering my package to 10mbit be better - or do I need to inform Telkom to lower my line speed as well?

For what it's worth, I get up to 2MB/sec on HTTP downloads and often running at 1.5MB/sec, so I have no issues with the speed. My noise fluctuates between 5.2 and 6.6 which is bad - but my attenuation is 26.9db which is listed as excellent. Could it be a fault somewhere ?

Crystal Web

Crystal Web representative
Company Rep
Hey, will you chaps be able to tell me why lag on my 4mb line makes Xbone unplayable and WOW pretty shaky?
Sure. We can help on a number of issues relating to both ISP account and DSL line troubles.

Just hop on chat and ask for some free troubleshooting and one of our agents will assist.

FIA

Wireless connectivity issue with DLINK 2750

Hi
Ive just installed my new DLINK router and it works. The issue is That i cannot connect to it wirelessly and it only works when I have an ethernet cable connected, I can connect to the network with my phone and IPad and any other computer can connect wirelessly except my one which was used to set it up initially. What am I doing wrong?

When I scroll over the wireless icone it says the name of the network but LIMITED. and no internet access.

I can connect to any other wifi but not my own one at home, except via ethernet.

The microsoft troubleshooter gives me the foll:- The connection between your access point, router or cable is broken. The network gateway is accessible but windows could not receive network traffic from the internet.

Thanks
FIA

As a part of our commitment to delivering value to mybroadband members, we are offering free ADSL troubleshooting to everyone, whether you're a Crystal Web customer or not. This includes troubleshooting line issues, router faults, exchange congestion, ISP problems (no matter who your ISP is), and more.

Here's how it works in 5 simple steps:

Step 1: Download Zertop's tool here: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/576445-quot-Help-me-fix-my-internet-quot-report-tool (thanks, Zertop - it has inspired our own diagnostics tool that's in development)
Step 2: Run the tool using the following options: click enter after launching the program. Select whichever file size option you like for the speed test. We recommend option 1 for 2Mb and below lines, option 2 for 4Mb lines, and option 3 for 10Mb and higher speed lines.
Step 3: After the program has run, click enter to finish which will open a text document with your results.
Step 4: Save this file to your hard drive somewhere you will remember it.
Step 5: Visit www.crystalweb.co.za - a support tab will open at the bottom of your screen. Simply complete the details with the message "ADSL assistance" and follow the agent's instructions thereafter.

It's as simple as that.

Important points to remember:

This service will only run during office hours, but if you leave a message with us via the webpage we will get back in touch with you, so please remember to leave the correct contact details.
Please don't post your results in this thread as we will not be monitoring it for support activity.

Also note that support for our customers remains a first priority so it may or may not take some time for our agents to respond, but every enquiry will be addressed. Also take note that this will typically only take place during office hours when our agents have spare time. This will not be a 24 hour service.

We'll try to assist in any way possible, including testing with our uncapped, unshaped, uncontested trial accounts to properly identify any problems.

snail112

Expert Member
Hi FIA.

Check that the wireless dongles TCP/IPv4 setting is set to obtain IP and DNS settings automatically. It can also be that one of the other devices has taken the IP address of your PC, causing an IP conflict.

Also check that Services has the following two running automatically: Wired AutoConfig and WLAN AutoConfig, is set to start automatically.

FIA

Hi There..Thks ..have checked all as you suggested and still same issue...How do i solve the IP conflict? tks again

Zertop

Expert Member
Hi There..Thks ..have checked all as you suggested and still same issue...How do i solve the IP conflict? tks again
Please would you run an ipconfig /all in command prompt and either PM me the results or post them here :)

Shouldn't be anything there that can't be public.

Z

FIA

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : FIAPersonal
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 3:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : CE-AF-78-A2-08-A5
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : CC-AF-78-A2-08-A5
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::d991:bd3c:ccf6:a933%20(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.37(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 15:10:47 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, June 25, 2015 3:12:06 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 348958584
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1C-1C-EC-09-24-B6-FD-54-79-27

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : CC-AF-78-A2-08-A6

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 24-B6-FD-54-79-27
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::ec85:b8d2:2b3d:2d54%3(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.38(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 15:12:31 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, June 25, 2015 3:12:30 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::1%3
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 52737789
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1C-1C-EC-09-24-B6-FD-54-79-27

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::1%3
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{71B3C340-FB54-4E28-96DD-F8DE393AE489}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{65A7AB20-221B-4FB8-85EB-A9246246697A}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Paul C

Everything running incredibly slow today in Waterfall/Durban area. And now all google services are down. Any reason for this?

If you quote the thread to the support staff when talking to them on live chat (it's offered by live chat only) then they will honour the commitment made by us...