Free App to open .ost file.

Pho3nix

The Legend
As title states, need to get some important info from my old company mail but it's stuck as a .ost.
Ay help would be appreciated and I've tried to use the Kernal .OST reader but the one email I really need to see doesn't show all the info I need.

Thanks

Pho3nix

The Legend
Tried but as the company closed down, it complains about the connection there being no connection to Exchange.. Dont know if I'm doing something wrong.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
It's almost impossible. The easiest way is to open that file on the same original server where you got it from, then export your mail to a PST file.
Anything else you will either end up with encrypted contents or blank folders.

bin3

Cheapest I could resolve this was using http://www.ost2.com/

The demo version at least lets you know if the full version will work, full version was $50 or so.

As I understand it, .OST is Offline files, but linked to an Exchange account. You can't open it as is / easily, though there are some comments about running an Exchange repair on it. For this to work, I would assume you still need access to the original Exchange account.

OST2 is pretty decent in converting the .OST to a .PST file which you can then just add to Outlook.

I could not find a freeware version that works ...