'Free' Fibre Router Model per ISP

m0zy

Expert Member
Axxess are giving away the Zyxel AMG1302-T11C router.

HelterSkelter

Expert Member
Well, I have a Mikrotik hAP AC Lite from Vox... Is that the tin phone I'm supposed to have?
I would not know, just guessing. I asked them in August, then the person at Vox did not know. Thereafter Vox stuffed up my order so good, that I am now so far behind in line, I will probably only find out next year. Mikrotik hAP AC Lite would be good, if they still supply it next year.

greg0205

Honorary Master
I would not know, just guessing. I asked them in August, then the person at Vox did not know. Thereafter Vox stuffed up my order so good, that I am now so far behind in line, I will probably only find out next year. Mikrotik hAP AC Lite would be good, if they still supply it next year.
If you're in Joburg, try talk to Jonathan Carstens in sales to speed up the process. Dude'll get it done...

Opticnetworks

Opticnetworks
Company Rep
That’s a very unique offering. Certainly in a different league to TP-Link.

Surely @Opticnetworks will manage this from their end?

For users that's too far away from us or those who prefer to do things themselves, we will ship preconfigured. Users closer to us, will receive a free, on-site installation by ourselves. We do intent to be very hands on with our clients and build relationships, rather than just you being a number.

Where trenching for example falls outside of the "free" trenching included in orders from FTTH providers, we will actually come out and trench and put in the ducts for the FTTH operators to just come back and pull the cables... Another one of those nice value adds that we will be launching :D

In terms of management, apart from the pre-configured shipping, we can either manage the router on the client's behalf (remotely), or alternatively we do give access to the router and assist the client with configuration issues where and when required. But no, it's not a set managed service per say. If you want it, you have access to the router in full.

That being said, normally once everything is configured they are very stable and don't require a lot of TLC. Initially to get up and running there may be a bit of issues here and there but otherwise we don't foresee any major issues. Pre-prepared, downloadable configurations / scripts is most certainly also something which we should more than likely do.

We do a similar type of setup on our wireless installs (just a DISC5 Lite instead of a hEX Lite) and we haven't had any issues from clients thus far.

Drone 42

I have a Tenda from Home-connect. Never used the brand before I got this one and was a bit skeptical. So far I am very happy with it and have no issues. WIFI is good, no drops or anything. You also get full access to manage it.

Looks like the brand is quite big overseas.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Not a fan of the DLink Afrihost router. Very hard to configure to get the best out of it (true for all DLink's) and phones do not like its 5GHz Wifi.

Those TP-Links are all nice; pity the chances of getting one that will slow down or randomly freeze are good.

That Tenda AC6 looks good as well but almost as many features as those available on the TP-Links.

Flipside

OP, you've got WebAfrica and Web Africa on your list, with two different routers.

Anyone know what you get from Vox?