• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

frequency 4G LTE Band - Cell C

ricardo12

does anybody know what 4G LTE-A Band Cell-C are on, is it the TDD 2300mhz or TDD 2600mhz

reason being the Huawei B618 router comes in 2 models, 22d and 65d... each one is on a different band, just don't want to buy the wrong one...

thanks

cavedog

Honorary Master
FDD 2100MHz (Band 1) and FDD 1800MHz (Band 3).

For LTE-A Cellc aggregate those 2 bands.

ricardo12

I don't suppose you know if the Huawei B618-22d is ok to use on the Cell-C network? Not sure if I should try and hunt around for the 65d? Thanks for your info :)

cavedog

Honorary Master
Okay so here is what each router will work for:

B618-22d:

Cellc: LTE Band 1
Cellc: LTE Band 3
Cellc: LTE-A B1+B3

Vodacom: LTE Band 1
Vodacom: LTE Band 3
Vodacom (Rain Roaming): LTE Band 3
Vodacom (Rain Roaming): LTE Band38
Vodacom: LTE-A B1+B3

MTN: LTE Band 1
MTN: LTE Band 3
MTN: LTE-A B1+B3

Telkom: LTE Band 3

Rain: LTE Band 3
Rain: LTE Band 38

B618-65d:

Cellc: LTE Band 1
Cellc: LTE Band 3
Cellc: LTE-A B1+B3

Vodacom: LTE Band 1
Vodacom: LTE Band 3
Vodacom: LTE-A B1+B3
Vodacom (Rain Roaming): Band 3

MTN: LTE Band 1
MTN: LTE Band 3
MTN: LTE-A B1+B3

Telkom: LTE Band 3
Telkom: LTE Band 40
Telkom: LTE-A B40+B40

Rain: LTE Band 3

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
I don't suppose you know if the Huawei B618-22d is ok to use on the Cell-C network? Not sure if I should try and hunt around for the 65d? Thanks for your info :)
From my list above you can see that neither supports Rain LTE-A but supports both Rain LTE bands individually. Both types support LTE-A on Cellc, MTN and Vodacom but excludes LTE-A on Rain, Vodacom roaming on Rain.

The B618-65d the one Telkom supplies supports LTE-A on Telkom, Cellc, MTN and Vodacom and only excludes LTE-A on Vodacom roaming on Rain and Rain.

So overall the -65d is a way better choice but if you going to use on Cellc, MTN and Vodacom then the 22d should be fine for LTE and LTE-A on those networks. :)

Last edited:

fogeshan

Where can you buy the 65d? Is it only available from Telkom?

If so, then is it network locked?
And is the Voip menu enabled?

Also, mad props to cavedog for the info - saved me a ton of googling.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Where can you buy the 65d? Is it only available from Telkom?

If so, then is it network locked?
And is the Voip menu enabled?

Also, mad props to cavedog for the info - saved me a ton of googling.
The 65d is only available from Telkom. The router is not network locked and I can't remember but I did see someone posting saying the VOIP menu is not enabled.

Nardeth

@Cavedog What do i dial into the USSD of the Huawei B315 for it to show me the Cell Number of A CELL C Sim ?? the equivalent of *111*501# for Cell C

Nardeth

*147*100# or *147*9#
fantastic you are Great guy. i will be buying Data for testing... i will make a thread of the Signal Strength and provide speedtests. i don't know if CELL C has their own Cellphone Towers or if they use Vodacom Towers.

fogeshan

To confirm my questions regarding the 65d version...

Do you have to buy it from Telkom? Yes - it was the only place I could find it.

Is it network locked? No - at least that's what they told me.

Is the Voip menu enabled? No - it's been disabled

BillyFulu

From my list above you can see that neither supports Rain LTE-A but supports both Rain LTE bands individually. Both types support LTE-A on Cellc, MTN and Vodacom but excludes LTE-A on Rain, Vodacom roaming on Rain.

The B618-65d the one Telkom supplies supports LTE-A on Telkom, Cellc, MTN and Vodacom and only excludes LTE-A on Vodacom roaming on Rain and Rain.

So overall the -65d is a way better choice but if you going to use on Cellc, MTN and Vodacom then the 22d should be fine for LTE and LTE-A on those networks. :)
This information is very valuable to me. I have a Huawei B315 router and a cellc LTE-A plan. Connecting my sim card to a phone that supports Lte-a produces better results compared to that router.

So will upgrading my router to Huawei B618 help boost my connection?