Full Stack Developer | Global Organisation | Flexible hours | R55 - 60k neg pm

WhiteRaven

Recruitment Link
Company Rep
Full Stack Developer | Global Organisation | Flexible working hours (JB222)
Dunkeld, Johannesburg
R55 - 65 000.00 Negotiable

As a Senior Full-Stack Developer in the Information Technology team, you can architect, engineer and develop new systems to a defined brief, specification and timeline. You are also able to extend and enhance existing systems in sustainable and communicable ways, and guide others to do the same. You are passionate about new technologies, with a demonstrated ability to stay current with emerging systems, frameworks and approaches to software development. You are an accomplished leader and mentor, with great code hygiene, solid development habits, attention to detail and a proven talent for designing elegant and well-structured systems. You possess excellent communication skills, excel in stake-holder management and have keen cross-cultural awareness. You are experienced in working in an agile environment and are effective in establishing strong work relationships with colleagues and clients.

In this role, you will integrate into current developments and communicate, collaborate and liaise the Australian, South African and South American teams to deliver IT requirements. You will be required to:
  • Be a primary contributor and collaborator in application architecture and execution on new and innovative software projects
  • Extend and enhance existing applications to a defined scope and development timeline
  • Lead and mentor other developers in a full stack .Net environment using C#, Java Script, SQL, plus supporting technologies as required
  • Assist in scoping and progressing projects from inception through to final implementation
  • Work within established agile methodologies, source control systems and change control processes
  • Integrate your systems with internal and external applications and modules by creating new services and extending existing API capabilities
  • Create and maintain effective documentation for current and new systems
  • Contribute to automated delivery, package management, application hosting, versioning, and software development tooling for cloud-based environments
Essential:
  • At least 8 years of software development experience
  • Expertise in C#, Java Script, HTML, CSS and SQL
  • Experienced with Git
  • Experienced in designing systems for cloud deployments
  • Experienced implementing common software design patterns
  • High level of attention to detail
  • Ability to stay motivated, operate independently or as part of a team
  • Demonstrated ability to learn
  • Work well under pressure to meet deadlines
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills

Desirable
  • Experienced with modern database structures (document store, graph db)
  • Experienced with Azure services
  • Experienced working with API documentation frameworks (Swagger, RAML, etc.)
  • Experience working in Agile

Application:
Online: https://kontak.simplify.hr/vacancy/sivx72
Email: sivx72@apply.simplify.hr (Application is emailed directly into our ATS)

www.kontak.co.za

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
So you want a senior to do 3 different people's jobs:
- Designer
- Software
- Dev-ops

And that software is split into at least 2 different jobs, at senior level it's 3:
- front-end developer
- back-end developer
- SQL developer

So that's at least 5 different jobs, 6 if properly split.

All while paying an upper intermediate's salary at best.

Good luck with that.

Last edited:

Solitude

Executive Member
I basically do everything listed here but the salary listed is way too low unfortunately.

WhiteRaven

Recruitment Link
Company Rep
- Designer
- Software
- Dev-ops

And that software is split into at least 2 different jobs, at senior level it's 3:
- front-end developer
- back-end developer
- SQL developer

Good luck with that.
Our client in a newish investor in SA and this role is new, @rustypup no slaves died during the course of work or hiring of previous roles, I can assure you ;)

Feedback like this is very valuable and helps to improve the offerings I share, in your opinion, what would you feel would be a better suited salary for this role?

CamiKaze

Honorary Master
- Designer
- Software
- Dev-ops

- front-end developer
- back-end developer
- SQL developer

Good luck with that.
I do all of this as well. It is now, apparently expected to know everything under the Sun.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Our client in a newish investor in SA and this role is new, @rustypup no slaves died during the course of work or hiring of previous roles, I can assure you ;)

Feedback like this is very valuable and helps to improve the offerings I share, in your opinion, what would you feel would be a better suited salary for this role?
Drop the full-stack, split into front-end and .Net developer, you'll get better quality candidates. Up the salary by 50%.
2 crap devs don't make up for 1 good dev.

Eric

Honorary Master
Can mods please put a stop to people trolling in the employment section? Complaining about advertised salaries is akin to complaining about prices in the for sale section.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
Can mods please put a stop to people trolling in the employment section? Complaining about advertised salaries is akin to complaining about prices in the for sale section.
Valid feedback isn't the same as trolling, get it right. I would have said the same thing as Johnatan56. In fact, your post should be removed for "non-contributive post"

Eric

Honorary Master
No one is trolling here. :unsure:
Valid feedback isn't the same as trolling, get it right. I would have said the same thing as Johnatan56. In fact, your post should be removed for "non-contributive post"
On the contrary, do you complain to sellers in the for sale threads that you don't like their prices? Feel free to PM anyone if you don't like the offered salaries, but I can assure you a few "expert" opinions on salary ranges is not going to change the offering. Salary ranges in SA are vast. Roles and responsibilities are vast.

r4nd0m

On the contrary, do you complain to sellers in the for sale threads that you don't like their prices?
Except we're not buying the product, we are the product. More akin to a wanted ad and we're telling them our price.

Eric

Honorary Master
Except we're not buying the product, we are the product. More akin to a wanted ad and we're telling them our price.
LMAO, if that's how you apply for a job then good luck. I certainly wouldn't hire you. Mods, please clean up.

r4nd0m

LMAO, if that's how you apply for a job then good luck. I certainly wouldn't hire you. Mods, please clean up.
That's fine. There are many other companies who know the worth of developers.

The OP has graciously asked for feedback and she has handled it quite well. You're the only one kicking up a fuss here. :rolleyes:

Eric

Honorary Master

The OP has graciously asked for feedback and she has handled it quite well. You're the only one kicking up a fuss here. :rolleyes:
Here you go

Ancalagon

Honorary Master

To be fair, the OP did not ask for feedback. She asked for job applicants. And we are now seriously derailing this thread, which was meant to be a job advert. Mods, I suggest locking such threads as soon as they are created, or maybe only allowing the OP to post.

I know that I am one of those who provided feedback, and my feedback was well intentioned. I don't know, I just wonder if this is the right way to do it.

If I read between the lines, her client gave her a job spec, but they don't know everything. She probably told them some of the stuff that we mentioned, but they didn't listen.

WhiteRaven

Recruitment Link
Company Rep
shooowie, look at what happened here while I was engrossed in sourcing and negotiations with my client. Guys thank you, for the "trolling" and the "knighting" both are actually appreciated for different reasons.

SO the good news is that we have come to an agreement for as follows:

Experience adjusted to between 5 - 8 year's and salary range increased to between R65 - 80 000 per month :)

:)