Full Stack Developer | Global Organisation | Flexible hours | R55 - 60k neg pm

Solitude

Executive Member
Just want to say that more recruiters should be like @WhiteRaven . After my initial comment she contacted me and even though I'm not currently in the market for a job, if I ever I am, I will contact her first.

WhiteRaven

Recruitment Link
Company Rep
Just want to say that more recruiters should be like @WhiteRaven . After my initial comment she contacted me and even though I'm not currently in the market for a job, if I ever I am, I will contact her first.
Monday morning made!!!! Thank you so much I can't tell you how much I appreciate this:) feel like peacock!! (but the boy kind coz the girls aren't pretty and they don't strut their stuff)

Hook up with me on LinkedIn if you want to keep me you in your network https://www.linkedin.com/in/angieleroux

Nerhzelok

Expert Member
I don't particularly like the idea of people shitting over job postings, even IF the job postings are innocently unreasonable.

There's a general lack of transparency on both sides of the equation. So just have the conversation and lets all be adults. :thumbsup:

That being said, I'm pleasantly surprised to see the amendment to the experience requirement and salary range.
That's certainly more reasonable.

I typically like to use Gitlab's salary calculator to get a rough idea of what they would pay for the relevant role and compare. I think Gitlab pays well (above average), but not great. So anything in line with them or higher is a win.

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
I don't particularly like the idea of people shitting over job postings, even IF the job postings are innocently unreasonable.
And then you get borderline aggressive job postings with unreasonable requirements as from a certain recruiter that I haven't seen here in a while.

I have to say, it is rare to see a recruiter take the very direct and sometimes rude criticism offered on this forum so well, and look where they can improve the posting. Well done WR.

Eric

Honorary Master
And then you get borderline aggressive job postings with unreasonable requirements as from a certain recruiter that I haven't seen here in a while.
Don't apply, simple.
If you get the wrong vibe from the listing, you'll likely not want to work with them anyway. My 5c.

WhiteRaven

Recruitment Link
Company Rep
I have to say, it is rare to see a recruiter take the very direct and sometimes rude criticism offered on this forum so well, and look where they can improve the posting. Well done WR.
Thanks :) Way I see it, I can get defensive or I can learn, no point in working against the people who keep me earning a living now is there... So I take in the criticism, no matter how bitter and learn...