Fully Remote Full Stack C# Developer | £2 000 -3 000 per month

Rabobi

Honorary Master
hmmm pretty sure all the Full Stack Developers would disagree but seeming that a job advert on MYBB was receiving such positive attention I knew it would be derailed at some point. Thanks for stepping up! :)
Pro tip. Place idiots on your ignore list

deweyzeph

Executive Member
hmmm pretty sure all the Full Stack Developers would disagree but seeming that a job advert on MYBB was receiving such positive attention I knew it would be derailed at some point. Thanks for stepping up! :)

Every "full stack developer" I've ever met is either a front end developer who thinks they know a bit of PHP or C# or a backend developer who plays around with JavaScript frameworks. It's simply impossible to be an expert in the full stack. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. It's like someone claiming they're a doctor, lawyer and accountant all rolled into one.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Every "full stack developer" I've ever met is either a front end developer who thinks they know a bit of PHP or C# or a backend developer who plays around with JavaScript frameworks. It's simply impossible to be an expert in the full stack. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. It's like someone claiming they're a doctor, lawyer and accountant all rolled into one.
Your input is very useful and definitely applicable to a job posting which you clearly aren't interested in.

Maybe start your own thread so we can explore this more fully without derailing this thread?

WhiteRaven

Recruitment Link
Company Rep
"This job varies in technologies/architectures/frameworks which requires a broad skill set and willingness to learn some new technologies."

cguy

Executive Member
I’m a “Full Deque” developer. This is rare since most developers aren’t coding with a Full Deque.

Solitude

Executive Member
There's no such thing as a "full stack developer".

I'm full stack. I'm also 40 so I have many many years of development behind me. I take an hour a day to learn and to say up to date. But yes, complete thread derailment.

kolaval

Executive Member
@deweyzeph
What do you call someone who does a web page/app, rest services for it, backend code to supply the services, tables for the data and the interfaces to get data into those tables?

deweyzeph

Executive Member
@deweyzeph
What do you call someone who does a web page/app, rest services for it, backend code to supply the services, tables for the data and the interfaces to get data into those tables?

I'm not saying that a backend developer can't do some frontend, or that a frontend developer can't do some backend. I'm just saying that the mythical "full stack developer" that is as good as a dedicated backend developer and dedicated frontend developer put together simply doesn't exist. Any company that thinks this mythical creature exists is going to be sorely disappointed. Rather say that you're looking for a backend developer who knows some frontend, or a frontend developer who knows some backend. Otherwise you're going to land up with a jack of all trades and master of none.

Solitude

Executive Member
I'm not saying that a backend developer can't do some frontend, or that a frontend developer can't do some backend. I'm just saying that the mythical "full stack developer" that is as good as a dedicated backend developer and dedicated frontend developer put together simply doesn't exist. Any company that thinks this mythical creature exists is going to be sorely disappointed. Rather say that you're looking for a backend developer who knows some frontend, or a frontend developer who knows some backend. Otherwise you're going to land up with a jack of all trades and master of none.

It would appear that I'm a mythical creature.

However, you assume that a full stack developer is as good as a dedicated backend developer and a dedicated frontend developer put together. And that isn't the case. It's merely someone who works with the full stack.

I'm stronger at backend than frontend but I develop complete web applications. All parts of it. Some of my web apps run at banks, some at overseas governments. I also developed an app in Xamarin to accompany one of the web apps but I wouldn't call myself an app developer.

Because I'm not as good with javascript as I am with C#, I'm very happy to say that I'm currently doing a project in Blazor webassembly and it's a joy. It speeds up frontend development so much.

When looking at this job posting, I do everything that's mentioned except I haven't worked with Angular, NodeJS and Google AppScript.