Galaxy Note9

Big-Mac

Anyone else getting the blur lockscreen bug? On reddit someone said pull down the quick settings but that doesn't work for me

Charly

Anyone having a nightmare with brightness of HDR video? Even on max brightness, I can barely see anything in darker scenes. I've tried so many different things with the video settings. It happens regardless of the video player. I've tested Netflix, VLC and another random media player. An interesting observation is that it it only seems to be applied when the video is playing in fullscreen - which most of the media players force. The one random player I tested allowed portrait non-fullscreen playback and would play the video normally in portrait mode.

It's not a major issue as it's only two series I watch on Netflix which force me to use HDR.

StaticST

Very unhappy with my Note9, charging port stopped working and i was told its liquid damage.

The phone never touched water and should they note be waterproof?

corwill

Very unhappy with my Note9, charging port stopped working and i was told its liquid damage.

If i was you, clarify "liquid damage" ?
The way i understand it is that liquid damage, can be anything eg sea water, cofee, coldrinks etc. etc.
Yet, you talk about waterproof ?
Also some people, take their devices into the bathroom.
Think, shower = steam.... etc.

The Samsung devices eg Note's devices, is water resistant.. IP68

Google search result for example , in this case eg Note 8 (similar Ip ratings etc ...)

"The Samsung Galaxy Note8 is rated IP68, using the Ingress Protection rating system. The dust rating is 6 (highest level of protection), and the water resistance rating is 8 (water-resistant up to 5 feet for up to 30 minutes). Despite this classification, your device is not impervious to water damage in any situation."

Last edited:

Demon7

Expert Member
Anyone having a nightmare with brightness of HDR video? Even on max brightness, I can barely see anything in darker scenes. I've tried so many different things with the video settings. It happens regardless of the video player. I've tested Netflix, VLC and another random media player. An interesting observation is that it it only seems to be applied when the video is playing in fullscreen - which most of the media players force. The one random player I tested allowed portrait non-fullscreen playback and would play the video normally in portrait mode.

It's not a major issue as it's only two series I watch on Netflix which force me to use HDR.
Have exactly the same issue, also messed around with my settings, regardless of how I adjust, the result is not as desired. Been looking for a solution.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member

Where did you take it?
Since the S8, the Samsung devices has had a lot of issues with their type-C ports giving moisture detected errors.
Ask for evidence of liquid damage
If they can't provide any it must be covered under the warranty.

corwill

Android 10 ( for Note 9 ) South Africa live/ available .

I see update , Android 10 for following CSC's XFV /XFE /XFA
already , been listed on Sammobile. ( so OTA should be available )
check your device for relevant OTA ...........if you want update.........?
Good luck

Attachments

• ANDROID 10   NOTE 9 .png
    ANDROID 10 NOTE 9 .png
    243.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Went_For_Milk

Expert Member
Android 10 ( for Note 9 ) South Africa live/ available .

I see update , Android 10 for following CSC's XFV /XFE /XFA
already , been listed on Sammobile. ( so OTA should be available )
check your device for relevant OTA ...........if you want update.........?
Good luck

Just checked on Vodacom.

Busy downloading it now

One UI 2 Upgrade with Android 10
Size: 1776.53 MB