Galaxy Note9

jnvdh06

I recently bought this screen protector from Takealot:
http://takealot.com/og/v1/PLID53505335

It's similar to the Whitestone Dome screen protectors but only much, much cheaper.

The installation is a bit tricky but if you have patience it comes out great. No touch sensitivity issues or anything.

If you get this, just a tip. Cover all the holes, speakers and buttons with cellotape to prevent the glue from getting everywhere.

Charly

I recently bought this screen protector from Takealot:
http://takealot.com/og/v1/PLID53505335

It's similar to the Whitestone Dome screen protectors but only much, much cheaper.

The installation is a bit tricky but if you have patience it comes out great. No touch sensitivity issues or anything.

If you get this, just a tip. Cover all the holes, speakers and buttons with cellotape to prevent the glue from getting everywhere.
That's awesome. I was hoping to find some feedback on them. They just seem too cheap to be any good. I paid more for my crappy tempered-glass one. I see there is a lot of negative feedback for that brand's screen protectors for other phones on Takealot.

I wonder if it's worth spending R650 to get the Whitestone protector? Thanks, I wasn't aware that there was an "original" version.

I dropped my phone last weekend. The protector popped off with the screen perfectly fine so I just put it back on.

Charly

What has been your guys' experience with the battery out of the box? I got mine about a week ago from MTN and when I turned it on the battery was at just over 20%. With Accubattery and Aida64 I'm getting a reading of ~3700mAh whilst I see screenshots of other Note 9 users getting over 4000mAh. Perhaps those are all from the SnapDragon variant?

Could you guys please share your battery stats? On medium power saving mode with FHD+ I'm getting 12%/hr for screen-on time. It sucks that I can't use the phone and get a full day of battery without limiting the features which make the phone so awesome.

Big-Mac

What has been your guys' experience with the battery out of the box? I got mine about a week ago from MTN and when I turned it on the battery was at just over 20%. With Accubattery and Aida64 I'm getting a reading of ~3700mAh whilst I see screenshots of other Note 9 users getting over 4000mAh. Perhaps those are all from the SnapDragon variant?

Could you guys please share your battery stats? On medium power saving mode with FHD+ I'm getting 12%/hr for screen-on time. It sucks that I can't use the phone and get a full day of battery without limiting the features which make the phone so awesome.
I get 6hrs SOT with no power saving mode, WQHD+, usage includes social media during the day and youtube in the evening

Charly

I get 6hrs SOT with no power saving mode, WQHD+, usage includes social media during the day and youtube in the evening
Ah okay, that sounds about in line with what I'm getting.

Perhaps I'm being crazy but I could've sworn I got much better performance from my previous Note phones - I switched to a s8+ in 2017 for my upgrade.

I remember the first week when I got my Note 2 how, with my light usage during a work day, it lasted me over 3 days.

Perhaps the issue is that I've installed too much crap.

alqassam

Expert Member
Is my camera busted?
When I use the normal lens is very blurred and lens seem to a loud buzz coming from the lens
Screenshot_20190816-123559_Camera.jpg Screenshot_20190816-123551_Camera.jpg

Last edited:

Big-Mac

The glass covering the camera just cracked on my phone, it's a small crack from top to bottom, doesn't affect the camera unless there is a light source in the picture then there will be a reflection of it, kinda annoying, any idea how much it would cost to fix?

Awesum

Expert Member
The glass covering the camera just cracked on my phone, it's a small crack from top to bottom, doesn't affect the camera unless there is a light source in the picture then there will be a reflection of it, kinda annoying, any idea how much it would cost to fix?
Eish. How did it crack?

alqassam

Expert Member
Mine just started to do exactly the same thing now, renders the telephoto lens useless, even worse in Video....
Just shake your phone back and forward when it vibrates sorts out the issue. Take it to Samsung asap for a replacement as it's a common fault

Connor13

Just shake your phone back and forward when it vibrates sorts out the issue. Take it to Samsung asap for a replacement as it's a common fault

Yeah , its annoying ,wonder how long they will take to repair it .

Wall

Sports Addict
I was chatting to a mate on whatsapp when my phone went into lock down ( black screen with a request for a pin) entered the pin incorrectly and then phone rebooted and did a factory reset. WTF could have caused that :/

Had to verify my identity ( loggin onto my Google account) to complete the reset process

Awesum

Expert Member
XFA

60f97afbd230edd5d1dfa0bb7f671a28.jpg