Game has launched their online store

Sumen

Expert Member
I stumbled onto yesterday and was surprised, looks so much better than the old site

nemo415

At this point, only some appliances, laptops and TVs can be ordered online.... I suppose it's a start

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
I thought they've had an online shop for ages. Unless this is just a revamp, which renders the tread title invalid.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
No more Game employees :) They're some of the laziest I've encountered in retail.

Ecko_1

I worked at Game HO (MDD) and even then had a low opinion of the store staff.

nemo415

I thought they've had an online shop for ages. Unless this is just a revamp, which renders the tread title invalid.

Nope, previously, you could just browse items and prices. No option to purchase

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Have any of the locally made sites survived a Black Friday?
Do massive high profile international sites that have much higher volume than we can even imagine locally count? Because some of those are made in ZA and they survive black Friday without a hitch every year ...

i.e. just because it isn't a ZA brand doesn't mean it wasn't built in ZA

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Do massive high profile international sites that have much higher volume than we can even imagine locally count? Because some of those are made in ZA and they survive black Friday without a hitch every year ...

i.e. just because it isn't a ZA brand doesn't mean it wasn't built in ZA

Which sites specifically?

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Never had an issue with game or their staff. Staff were always willing to make a plan for you.

Very much the exception and not the rule - probably isolated to your store, and maybe a few others. They normally tend to stand in a group discussing stuff and trying to ignore you in the hope that you disappear.

Craig_

Honorary Master
No more Game employees :) They're some of the laziest I've encountered in retail.

Macro staff do their best to compete.

Very much the exception and not the rule - probably isolated to your store, and maybe a few others. They normally tend to stand in a group discussing stuff and trying to ignore you in the hope that you disappear.

I've had the same experience at Game, Game is Stellenbosch is "slightly" better, but still crap. I shop at Makro Cape Gate regularly as have only ever had good service.