Gaming FPS Stutter

stroebs

Expert Member
Does CSS actually have Vsync? I don't remember seeing the option to enable it. Another thing that could cause CSS to lag is mods. Is your game modified at all? I know my version lags like a you know what with all my mods and 16 players active on some computers.

TwinCruizer

but read the original post - his fps remains unchanged. is there no record of intel having a similar problem to the one i described above?

tx for the reply!
yes exactly If it was a performance issue it would have been different, I am checking to see if Intel chips have the same issue. Will let you guys know.

TwinCruizer

First thing I'd do;

Get the ultimate boot cd, boot from it and run a 30 minute memory test.
Then, run a full check on each hard drive
Do a full virus scan, maybe take the drive out and put it in a PC you know has updated virus scanner.

Then what I'd do is;

Upgrade the graphics card drivers to the latest versions
Check on if there is any funny programs running in the background and disable them.

Try using a different PSU.

See what happens after this, I'd get more complicated, but in this case, I bet I'd have fixed the problem.

I did a memtest over the weekend for about 12 hours no errors, did a clean format and installed a fresh copy of windows xp again (sp3) , after installed latest drivers for mobo and gpu ( tx nvidia 70mb download :( ) got game booster ( nice tool ) and did a defrag. then installed css rebooted did a defrag and blam same freaking issue. making me think it's hardware related. also tried Gears of war (pc) and that didnt even have a drop of stutter :confused:

TwinCruizer

Try enabling V-sync and/or use a different mouse. Sounds like you are referring to micro-stutter.

I read on another post that vsync was the problem and by Turning it off ( forcing it off ) solved that guys problem nothing happened on my side though.

p.s how would a different mouse solve this issue?

stroebs

Expert Member
See the thing is... It's only CSS... I've known CSS to have micro-lag on sometimes very very powerful machines.

Have you tried updating CSS itself?

TwinCruizer

See the thing is... It's only CSS... I've known CSS to have micro-lag on sometimes very very powerful machines.

Have you tried updating CSS itself?

yeah this has happened to other games as well for instance 2 graphics intensive strategy games: company of heroes and world in conflict. company of heroes does the stutter randomly but world in conflict nothing both set at very high. ( constant fps and then drop for a second or 2 then smooth again :confused: )

Gona swop my mouse to see if that does anything... ;)

stroebs

Expert Member
This is utterly strange. It could be anything as there's nothing we can narrow it down to.

Try getting a spare PC and swap the parts out 1 by 1 until you find the error ;)

TwinCruizer

This is utterly strange. It could be anything as there's nothing we can narrow it down to.

Try getting a spare PC and swap the parts out 1 by 1 until you find the error ;)

yeah I was thinking the same thing but were to get another pc is the issue damn this sucks! almost threw it out the window last night... :mad: anyway thanx everyone for your thoughts. will keep you posted on the happenings.