Gearbest Refund problem

Mixmax75

Hi,

I had a problem with Gearbest and they Say they will refund only if i close PayPal case.

If i do so , i will loose PayPal protection.

They Say they Can not do the refund until the case is closed.

I think it's a biggggg TRAP !!!

Does Anyone ever had this problem?

Thanks

airborne

Executive Member
Never ever close a paypal case without the refund being done and especially not at the behest of the seller, those Gearbest guys can be real slime balls sometimes.

Tell them to go fk themselves :)

Hi,

I had a problem with Gearbest and they Say they will refund only if i close PayPal case.

If i do so , i will loose PayPal protection.

They Say they Can not do the refund until the case is closed.

I think it's a biggggg TRAP !!!

Does Anyone ever had this problem?

Thanks
I found myself in a similar situation last year. I bought the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 from them(GB) and it was supposed to be delivered with 25 working days in South Africa. They failed to deliver it within those days, the i opened a dispute on PayPal but at the same time i requested my refund. they couldn't refund me, they told me to cancel the dispute. I didn't fall for their trap. After 10 days paypal refunded me. This happened in September 2018 and by December the phone was in my hands free of charge.

so no matter what DO NOT CANCEL A DISPUTE against any online store.

rodga

Executive Member
I found myself in a similar situation last year. I bought the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 from them(GB) and it was supposed to be delivered with 25 working days in South Africa. They failed to deliver it within those days, the i opened a dispute on PayPal but at the same time i requested my refund. they couldn't refund me, they told me to cancel the dispute. I didn't fall for their trap. After 10 days paypal refunded me. This happened in September 2018 and by December the phone was in my hands free of charge.

So you got the phone and kept the money?

gamer16

Expert Member

Sies

Thief

chrisc

Executive Member
PayPal invariably rules in favour of the customer. I bought an audio device from China and they refunded me within 3 weeks of my notification. It never arrived