General Gaming Discussion Thread

It's not a good remake.

And its pretty much unplayable on Radeon cards.

Why they wasted time on this nobody knows.
 
In general, I don't do remasters. Games just don't need to be remastered imo, even ugly ones. And remasters for me are almost always inferior to the originals.
 
In general, I don't do remasters. Games just don't need to be remastered imo, even ugly ones. And remasters for me are almost always inferior to the originals.

Depends on who is doing them.

I have had no complaints over Nintendo's remasters, every one I bought to date kept what made the OG fun and improved upon them. Also Diablo 2's remaster gets nothing but praise from me.

Edit: Oh and there is no way in hell I can play OG Mass Effect again. Tried it the other day on PS3 lets just say that disc got ejected fast.
 
Last edited:
HWUnboxed convinced me that the Pathtracing version on PC is much ado about nothing.

Got it downloaded just to see how it looks and feels on PS5 Pro but will probably play around for an hour and start The Blood of Dawnwalker instead.
 
Depends on who is doing them.

I have had no complaints over Nintendo's remasters, every one I bought to date kept what made the OG fun and improved upon them. Also Diablo 2's remaster gets nothing but praise from me.

Edit: Oh and there is no way in hell I can play OG Mass Effect again. Tried it the other day on PS3 lets just say that disc got ejected fast.
Yes there are some good ones here and there but for me they're rare. Mass Effect Legendary Edition is one of the excellent ones. Struggling to think of any others that really impressed me right now.

There have also been excellent remakes. Like Tomb Raider Anniversary (and there will be another remake with Legacy of Atlantis). But remakes tend to suck as well imo.
 
Mass Effect Legendary Edition is one of the excellent ones. Struggling to think of any others that really impressed me right now.

I remember playing that and realizing that the remaster looked and felt exactly like how I remembered the old one.
You only realize how bad the original graphics were in comparison videos or playing it back-to-back.

I think that's a problem lots of people have with remasters. Most of the time it's better to do a proper remake like FF VII or Silent Hill 2.
 
Depends on who is doing them.

I have had no complaints over Nintendo's remasters, every one I bought to date kept what made the OG fun and improved upon them. Also Diablo 2's remaster gets nothing but praise from me.

Edit: Oh and there is no way in hell I can play OG Mass Effect again. Tried it the other day on PS3 lets just say that disc got ejected fast.
The OG wasn't released on the PS3 on disc?
But yeah, I agree the game hasn't aged well at all and honestly Andromeda was a better game than the OG Mass Effect.
It got a lot of love for the time, but the second one was what really elevated it.
 
Yes there are some good ones here and there but for me they're rare. Mass Effect Legendary Edition is one of the excellent ones. Struggling to think of any others that really impressed me right now.

There have also been excellent remakes. Like Tomb Raider Anniversary (and there will be another remake with Legacy of Atlantis). But remakes tend to suck as well imo.
Crysis series remaster isn't bad, it fixes quite a few issues from the og. Sleeping Dogs the Definitive edition is better, Skyrim though it's still full of bugs.
 
Any good tower defense recommendations?
Tower defense is my secret fat side chick, hella fun but I won't admit it.
Currently spending time in

 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X