South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
In general, I don't do remasters. Games just don't need to be remastered imo, even ugly ones. And remasters for me are almost always inferior to the originals.
Yes there are some good ones here and there but for me they're rare. Mass Effect Legendary Edition is one of the excellent ones. Struggling to think of any others that really impressed me right now.Depends on who is doing them.
I have had no complaints over Nintendo's remasters, every one I bought to date kept what made the OG fun and improved upon them. Also Diablo 2's remaster gets nothing but praise from me.
Edit: Oh and there is no way in hell I can play OG Mass Effect again. Tried it the other day on PS3 lets just say that disc got ejected fast.
I don't even know what that is
Mass Effect Legendary Edition is one of the excellent ones. Struggling to think of any others that really impressed me right now.
Probably that Sky Trails something or whatever it's called lolAsk Metacritic.
It'll tell you.
That one is great as well. Haven't played the original though so can't compare.a proper remake like FF VII
No buddy I thought you were talking about the first pic.Probably that Sky Trails something or whatever it's called lol
That first pic is just a blank white screen for me for some reasonNo buddy I thought you were talking about the first pic.
That's clearly Stone Cold Steve Austin...
When I replayed ME2 I added a no mining mod. That was way more tedious then I remembered.Edit: Oh and there is no way in hell I can play OG Mass Effect again. Tried it the other day on PS3 lets just say that disc got ejected fast.
The OG wasn't released on the PS3 on disc?Depends on who is doing them.
I have had no complaints over Nintendo's remasters, every one I bought to date kept what made the OG fun and improved upon them. Also Diablo 2's remaster gets nothing but praise from me.
Edit: Oh and there is no way in hell I can play OG Mass Effect again. Tried it the other day on PS3 lets just say that disc got ejected fast.
Crysis series remaster isn't bad, it fixes quite a few issues from the og. Sleeping Dogs the Definitive edition is better, Skyrim though it's still full of bugs.Yes there are some good ones here and there but for me they're rare. Mass Effect Legendary Edition is one of the excellent ones. Struggling to think of any others that really impressed me right now.
There have also been excellent remakes. Like Tomb Raider Anniversary (and there will be another remake with Legacy of Atlantis). But remakes tend to suck as well imo.