Get louder output from sound card

donnybrasco

Hi,

My PC has the following specs and am wondering wat i can do to get a louder output. The funny thing is that my PC at work when im listening to my music on headphones its like crazy loud and most of the time is at about 20% yet at home get the same loudness at 100%. The difference here is that the work PC uses VIA and Home PC uses Realtek. Is it possible to install these drivers instead. The mainboard at work is ASUS and Home is Gigabyte.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Installing different drivers will not make a difference to output volume. They will cause it to not work.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Or buy yourself a cheap sound deck and feed the audio through the sound deck. You can get cheap solutions at most Spaza shops and China Malls.

killadoob

Honorary Master
Same headphones?

Have you checked the sound settings for bass boost and what not, sometimes those settings can kinda kill the sound.

Last edited:

donnybrasco

Thanks guys, there was a environment setting to Room in the Realtek HD Audio Manager. It made a lot of difference, should have checked all my settings first on all audio software. Will have a look at the logitech Z5500 and see whether its compatible with ma system

Shah33m

Expert Member
Or buy yourself a cheap sound deck and feed the audio through the sound deck. You can get cheap solutions at most Spaza shops and China Malls.

a good option, i got a sony deck with two pioneer 12" IMPP's and sony satellite(surround sound) speakers. have on many occasions had the neighbors complain but who cares

Park@82

Honorary Master
managed to tweak my win7 laptop to get it a bit louder... cant remember exactly what i did (will have to check). what os are you on?

donnybrasco

Hey guys,nah jus needed to up my volume for ma headphones, have a 9.1 HTS with a vol at always 10% max and its always connected but for sure the neighbours complain all the time. for when i get that notice again will be headphoning.....