Good Book?

redarrow

Expert Member
The "Memory, Sorrow and Thorn" series by Tad Williams.. :)

Also kind of different style but I really enjoyed the "Artemis Fowl" series by Eoin Colfer - If you liked "Harry Potter" then you should like Artemis Fowl.. :) (theres a new book in this series coming soon).

WereRabbit

lol, almost every author/book I like has already been mentioned...

I find reading heavy book after heavy book is tiring. Mix it with something non-serious so straying away from the LotR type to something a bit lighter: try Terry Pratchett's Discworld series (especially something with the nac mac feegles) it's funny fantasy and the Harry Dresden Series and Cal Leandros Series are good books to relax with.

*cough*HarryPotterwillsurpriseyou*cough*

But if you're really after some mental stimulation:
Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
1984 - George Orwell
Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
Not fantasy books but super amazingly awesome, promise!

Crusader

Expert Member
All of my favorite authors have been listed. You might want to look into the Necroscope series by Brian Lumley. I quite enjoyed it, although it wouldn't really fall under fantasy, but it has vampires, people speaking to the dead (although not in a 6th Sense type role) and a pretty interesting plot.

For sci-fi you should look at Peter F Hamilton, Neil Asher and Timothy Zahn. All good authors.

If you are up for some hilarious fantasy reading, don't miss out on the Discworld serries by Terry Pratchett - excellent, if you get his humor.

Last edited: