Google drive mounted in Windows/Linux

Thor

Honorary Master
Your cache size will be the max file size you'll be able to upload so don't make it too small.
Just to confirm - I have not put a cache max on here (only chuck size and stuff) - rephrase, is this fine or must I make changes?

mount --log-file "C:\rclone\logs\rclone.log" --log-level INFO --allow-non-empty --allow-other --fuse-flag sync_read --tpslimit 10 --tpslimit-burst 10 --dir-cache-time=160h --buffer-size=64M --attr-timeout=1s --vfs-read-chunk-size=2M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=2G --vfs-cache-max-age=5m --vfs-cache-mode=writes --cache-dir "E:\rclone_cache" onedrive: Y: --config "C:\Users\xxx\.config\rclone\rclone.conf"

Just to confirm - I have not put a cache max on here (only chuck size and stuff) - rephrase, is this fine or must I make changes?

mount --log-file "C:\rclone\logs\rclone.log" --log-level INFO --allow-non-empty --allow-other --fuse-flag sync_read --tpslimit 10 --tpslimit-burst 10 --dir-cache-time=160h --buffer-size=64M --attr-timeout=1s --vfs-read-chunk-size=2M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=2G --vfs-cache-max-age=5m --vfs-cache-mode=writes --cache-dir "E:\rclone_cache" onedrive: Y: --config "C:\Users\xxx\.config\rclone\rclone.conf"

No clue, rclone was a bit ham fisted and complicated for me. I just use Gdrive file stream, fire and forget set up.

Thor

Honorary Master
Kinda feels there needs to be a paid service for this that takes care of all this in the background.... Just me or does it feel like building something with c# on top of rclone is not unreasonable.

Thor

Honorary Master
Its pretty finicky if I copy from the other disk to this then onedrive would break / hang and i need to remount.

Also can't torrent to it, hangs immediately.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Its pretty finicky if I copy from the other disk to this then onedrive would break / hang and i need to remount.

Also can't torrent to it, hangs immediately.

I don't think it breaks maybe it just maxes the upload and then it seems like the it's hanging.

Maybe use rclone browser http://martins.ninja/RcloneBrowser/

I prefer to use this app when doing uploads and gdrive size checks. It also gives a nice progress bar when uploading or downloading. When using windows copy the upload speed is not accurate because the data goes to the cache folder.

You can not torrent to the drive unfortunately. The issue with that is that the random reads and writes hits the api constantly with thousands of api hits and you soon find yourself locked out of the drive for 24 hours. I'm not sure about onedrive but I assume it's the same.

Thor

Honorary Master
You can not torrent to the drive unfortunately. The issue with that is that the random reads and writes hits the api constantly with thousands of api hits and you soon find yourself locked out of the drive for 24 hours. I'm not sure about onedrive but I assume it's the same.
Dammit...

back to the nas idea :p

cavedog

Honorary Master
Dammit...

The cloud drive is still good for accessing files like pictures, video or music files. IF your fibre is fast it will access the relatively quick too which is nice. You can stream it with plex or even direct play it off the drive these drives aren't speed capped which is nice so they should be easy to max your line on.

AchmatK

Executive Member
Dammit...

Torrents can be saved to local drives and automatically moved to OneDrive using sonarr after the download is completed. Obviously you will not be able to seed after the file is moved.

Going to be setting up my gsuite account soon since fibre was activated last month and getting rid of my 16tb NAS.

thehuman

Expert Member
Torrents can be saved to local drives and automatically moved to OneDrive using sonarr after the download is completed. Obviously you will not be able to seed after the file is moved.

Going to be setting up my gsuite account soon since fibre was activated last month and getting rid of my 16tb NAS.
Have done the same , transferred about 20 terabytes from my 8 x 3tb raid setup, after this virus thing over will have drives forsale.
Moved my sonar to a old laptop and shut down the raid server.
The savings on electricity i pumped into my gsuite account.

AchmatK

Executive Member
What NAS do you have?
How old are the drives?
It's a lenovo IX4-300D. Drives are 4 x 4tb wd red drives that are about ±2.5 years old.

Placed it in the classified section for sale.

Nimz

Executive Member
Finally had the time to sort this out and got it working
Storage.PNG
I moved over a 200GB series folder and tested the streaming via Plex but it takes about 30 seconds before it starts.

Is this normal? If that's the case then the people that I share libraries with, will be having a bad time
APi requests show about 6829 since setup (6 hours ago or so)

200/100 Fibre line

Nimz

Executive Member

The feature regression isn't yet visible if you're working with folders that have already been shared and organized. So if your family, group of friends, team, or company already uses some shared folders, they won't be affected until September 2020 — the date at which shared folders and files will be automatically switched to shortcuts for everyone except the original owner.

Chingha

Expert Member
It is happening already, you are not given the option now.

They have hidden the option to have the files actually sync onto your system.

For now you can use Shift Z then add it but no one is sure it will last.

I have shared folders on non technical peoples PCs around the country. It is going to be a nightmare if/when Google breaks it.

I'll be moving across to Dropbox. Expensive but hopefully more professional the Google.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Finally had the time to sort this out and got it working
View attachment 827257
I moved over a 200GB series folder and tested the streaming via Plex but it takes about 30 seconds before it starts.

Is this normal? If that's the case then the people that I share libraries with, will be having a bad time
APi requests show about 6829 since setup (6 hours ago or so)

200/100 Fibre line

Scanning a library on google drive with a mounted drive takes quite some time to prevent a api ban that is what the vfs cache argument is for. IF the library is still scanning there might be a delay in playing some videos while it's still scanning. If you already finished scanning it and there is still a delay it could be connection or something that you might want to investigate but for it takes about 10 sec or less maybe I don't use it as extensively as I used to. I now direct play them with a Kodi addon. Direct plays from gdrive much faster no need for a plex server although you would need to manage your folders on the gdrive in an appropriate way to make navigation easy.

Getting stuck on domain signup, is there a free domain option ?

Yes there is. Try https://www.freenom.com/en/index.html?lang=en

Point your FREE domain to a Free cloudflare account. You can then easily manage DNS of the free domain via Cloudflare

Nimz

Executive Member
@cavedog what could be causing media from Plex not to playback (content is on the mounted G Drive)