Google G1 phone coming to SA

Keeper

Honorary Master
partner as-in exclusive partner?

If it is, then MTN is in danger.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
partner as-in exclusive partner? If it is, then MTN is in danger.
In South Africa phones may not be network locked so an exclusive partnership has a bit of a different impact than in some other countries. You can, for example, buy the iPhone and use it on the MTN network.

Details about the agreement is not know yet – or not to us at least – so no idea if it will be exclusive or not.

Swoosh

Urmm.. Not a very good design. Looks nothing like the other HTC phones

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Doesn't look too bad. I wonder how long we have to wait for prices?

Why does VC always get these deals - what about MTN?

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
Very cool to see this happening a lot quicker than the iPhone (Apple's fault of course) - Android is certainly a very interesting prospect at this stage although the execution thus far seems to leave a lot to be desired - Google the usual tech blogs for details.

The phone itself however, is hideous beyond words. With the direction that mobile devices are taking in terms of aesthetics alone you cannot expect to be taken seriously with an offering like the G1, you just cant.

Is it just me or does it look like its about to fall to pieces any moment?

Tux

Software Communist
I would like to think that HTC SA might be losing one of their top performing partners ;)
You go tell management that if they value my business they better order at least 1(one) of them google phone doohickeys or i'll be forced to jump ship and go to the smurfs

vodacom3g

Vodacom Representative
The upcoming Blackberry Storm is also a phone to watch.

It's very good for the space to see so many new, innovative mobile devices entering the market and will hopefully trigger a proper response from Microsoft. Is it just me or does Windows Mobile seem a bit stale nowadays?

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Ill take one. What I like about the G Phone.. is how quickly its coming out here. With South Africa only now bringing in the Iphone.. Apple has made its customer base here feel like 3rd world refugees lucky for a handout.

Glad Google is taking the rest of the world more seriously.

Keeper

Honorary Master
Ill take one. What I like about the G Phone.. is how quickly its coming out here. With South Africa only now bringing in the Iphone.. Apple has made its customer base here feel like 3rd world refugees lucky for a handout.

Glad Google is taking the rest of the world more seriously.
"You will get it when we say, from who we say, pay what we say, and you'll like it!"

Vegeta

Executive Member
/droooool
Classifieds: For sale "left nut"
Asking price min R8000
Reason for selling: No need for the extra nut the G1 can fill that void in my life when i obtain it..
Regards your #1 seller