Google Maps can now share your battery life

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Google Maps can now share your battery life

Google Maps users can now share their battery life with others in addition to their live location, Engadget reported.

After enabling the option to share their location, the user’s battery life will automatically be displayed alongside their current location.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
This is cool.

Albeit, now I can't bail with the excuse that my battery died so I couldn't find the place.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Well done, Google. Now please add other useful things like ability to share free memory, size of largest doc, and number of read and unread IMs. These already go to your server, so why not allow them to be sent to other users on Maps.

Last edited:

j4ck455

Executive Member
I don't particularly want to share my location let alone my phone's battery life, but thanks Google.

Well done, Google. Now please add other useful things like ability to share free memory, size of largest doc, and number of read and unread IMs. These already go to your server, so why not allow them to be sent to other users on Maps.
You want Google Maps to be just like Windows10?

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
I don't know how I managed to survive all these years without this "feature". I can die happy now knowing that Google has our backs (along with a lot of our personal data).