Votes: 61 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 26.5%

• Total voters

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Google+ mobbed

Google+ was mobbed with visitors after the social network opened its doors to the public last week, industry tracker Experian Hitwise reported on Monday.

joeymojo

Its still tough to get some of my Facebook die hard friends to move over and try Google +

Friggs

Maybe it will get a bit more interesting now.... Will try again

F

Fudzy

I just discovered Angry Birds on Google+

Just as well it's blocked at work :D

Shayd

Expert Member
Zombie lane ftw!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

KaalVoet

I`ve obviously added myself on there. I try and use all the social pages to promote my business I`m "trying" to get started. I don`t see how people can work, have a relationship, raise kids and be social on all the social platforms...:wtf:

Pixual

Expert Member
As a platform it is a LOT better than anything FB has been able to produce.

The problem for G+ is that there is a world full of people who don't have the brain power to understand the difference between the two or even fathom the superiority of G+ when compared to Facebook.

I cancelled my FB account shortly after G+ was announced and I have no regrets because it has alerted me to the fact that most of my "friends" are too stupid to figure out where the smart people are hanging out! ;)

tortured

As a platform it is a LOT better than anything FB has been able to produce.

The problem for G+ is that there is a world full of people who don't have the brain power to understand the difference between the two or even fathom the superiority of G+ when compared to Facebook.

I cancelled my FB account shortly after G+ was announced and I have no regrets because it has alerted me to the fact that most of my "friends" are too stupid to figure out where the smart people are hanging out! ;)

Lol. Brilliant.

Blackhand

Current calculated estimates are that G+ is sitting at about 48 million users and will hit 50 mil shortly which is unprecedented growth.

Even when G+ does become BIG, I think adoption in SA will still be very slow, slower than in other countries.

Shayd

Expert Member
Current calculated estimates are that G+ is sitting at about 48 million users and will hit 50 mil shortly which is unprecedented growth.

Even when G+ does become BIG, I think adoption in SA will still be very slow, slower than in other countries.

Sadly I have to agree. South africans are luddites.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MyBroadband Android App

Spyk3r

Expert Member
In the opinion of the guys registered on G+... Please can you take some things that are better on G+ than fb... I am considering cancelling fb, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be getting a G+ account...

I'm just curious as to what makes it so much better. Please enlighten me :)

DJ...

Banned
I'm one of nearly 50 million who registered. I used it for a few minutes then really couldn't be bothered to go create a whole new network/circle, so logged off and haven't been back since. Maybe I just don't quite get what makes it so special yet but it really didn't catch much of my attention at all...

tsume

The Pervy Sage

Very true. Only got 2 new people since the the opening. At least more people are becoming active.
Even during the invite phase I would tell people to try it out, but they just couldn't understand.

tsume

The Pervy Sage
In the opinion of the guys registered on G+... Please can you take some things that are better on G+ than fb... I am considering cancelling fb, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be getting a G+ account...

Well I can't directly compare Facebook to G+, since I never had Facebook. The main reason why I decided to join G+ was because of the circles feature (which facebook has now adopted). When I ask other people why G+, they say its clean, you know where you are and what you are doing.

If your using a hotmail/live or yahoo, then you probably deserve to stay on facebook. Live mail works but its slow and those visual adverts which show up on the side :sick:, don't even get me started on yahoo mail :sick::sick:.
Getting a Google account you get access to everything Google such as youtube, Gmail, G+, Google chat.

Viva

Expert Member

You have to start using it to understand, and by this I mean you need to get some people into your circles (people you know and people you just follow for the good content they produce). G+ is excellent at delivering news, encouraging meaningful conversation, and being everything between twitter and a full blown blog. Many social media gurus/bloggers have completely moved to G+ to replace their blogs.

I'm one of nearly 50 million who registered. I used it for a few minutes then really couldn't be bothered to go create a whole new network/circle, so logged off and haven't been back since. Maybe I just don't quite get what makes it so special yet but it really didn't catch much of my attention at all...

That's just it, G+ can't be even remotely useful if you don't circle/follow people.