Graphics Card Warranty

PseudZ

Expert Member
I came home this evening to find my screen full of big black and white dots.
So I restarted and many words in the post screen display were scrambled, example "success" being "suceqq". So I guessed it's most probably my nVidia 8500GT, not the best card I know. So I took it out and switched to onboard VGA and it works now.

Now is the card still under warranty or not, I purchased it 17 December 2007, I don't know how long nVidia products have a warranty for?
Now the main problem is, the store I purchased it from has liquidated (LAN World in Cape Town) and a Chaos Computers has opened up. If it is still under warranty would I go to them even though they never sold it to me? I do have the invoice still, or would I try contact nVidia direct?

Thanks

rwenzori

Honorary Master
Nvidia cannot be held responsible for how their chips are implemented on cards made by other manufacturers. What make is the card? What does your invoice say? The norm is 1 year AFAIK. If you have proof of a longer warranty, plead sweetly with another supplier and they might be able to help if you offer to pay any freight costs.

PseudZ

Expert Member
It is a XFX geforce

Would Chaos be able to help me? Wondering if I should maybe stop by there

PseudZ

Expert Member
Thanks very much :) I see on the axiz site, XFX have a two year warranty so I should still be covered.
Ill send them an email now.

PseudZ

Expert Member
I sent off an email yesterday and after giving the cards serial number got referred to another company, who apparently supplied LAN World with the graphics card.
So I sent an email to them and today I got a reply stating that as LAN World owes them money, they cannot honour their warranties. :(

So I guess I must just give up. :(

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
I sent off an email yesterday and after giving the cards serial number got referred to another company, who apparently supplied LAN World with the graphics card.
So I sent an email to them and today I got a reply stating that as LAN World owes them money, they cannot honour their warranties. :(

So I guess I must just give up. :(
Try directly contacting XFX.