Graphics Problem Brand New PC

Jblack

Hi everyone. I recently bought a new computer off one of the local websites. When I received it there was a strange issue with flashy opjects on the screen. I reinstalled a different Windows and there was still a problem. I sent the computer back to them, they said it was the graphics card and that they had replaced it and that the computer was working perfectly with no problem. I got the computer back, exactly the same problem. Please could anyone out there possibly tell me what the problem is so that I can fix it myself? The place I bought it from is useless so I won't bother with them anymore, when I first sent the pc back to them they had said there was no problem with it, I had to convince them there was a problem... pretty unprofessional if you ask me.

What could this problem be? It happens all the time! When browsing files, browsing the web, playing games. It happens all the time. Here is a video of the the problem looks like.

[video=youtube;lENbR43-_UY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lENbR43-_UY[/video]

Thank you in advance :)

Werfetter

My first guess would have been GFX card too. Looks like artifacting...

Have your tried using a different monitor/cable?

Are you using VGA, DVI or HDMI? Some system specs would be useful?

Jblack

@HunterGR - The monitor and HDMI cable is brand new.

@Werfetter - I have not tried a different monitor. I will do that, thank you for the suggestion. I am using an HDMI cable. System specs are:
Motherboard: MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition
CPU: AMD FX 8-core 3.5Ghz (FX8320)
HDD: Samsung 120GB SSD
Graphics: Radeon R7 240 4GB
Power Supply: 450W

I am not too good with computers so I hope that is the right info.

@Cameronkk - I have not, thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.

Thank you for the replies I appreciate it a lot :)

Purply

Expert Member
I agree, first start with the simplest solution, that being a different DVI or HDMI cable, even if the current one is new.

Then try the onboard gfx card, if it has one.

Lastly, try and get another card from a friend to see if that works.

Cameronkk

Would have been nice if you had on board graphics to totally rule out the GPU, and see if the problem still appears.

Is the GPU overclocked at all? All the system temps normal too?